Airline Mogul Forum

maintenance costs

moondog

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: February 04, 2008, 09:39:23 am
I'd like to know more about how these are caculated and what factors influence them.  I understand that owned gates are subject to maintenance fees (and this a big piece of the pie for me), but I'm interested in slicing away at the rest of that 855 m.   This was not an issue last round (when everyone flew the same plane); this time, it's having a profound effect on the bottom line.

moondog

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 06:01:49 pm
55 views so far,... yet no replies,... so I'm going to ask a more targeted follow-up question: Does fleet commonality make a difference?  (If it does, it would explain why the airline that's been chasing me has much lower maintenance costs; nothing about this in the Wiki.)  I would appreciate it if one (or more) of the programmers would comment on this topic.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 06:18:15 pm
Its an area that I personally want to look at after multiworlds. Its very basic in its calculations, and I would like to make it more realistic, in both terms of costs and perhaps some types of maintenance. (100hr check, C check etc)
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 06:25:12 pm
Here is another thread about this with a little more explanation...

http://stephenm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=41503#41503

Quote from: "Air Elbonia"

MX costs were raised, and their curve was flipped, since prior ages.

it is based off of both initial value [establishing minimum costs for each plane] and the lost fair value [establishing the raising costs with age]. In prior ages, it was just a flat percentage of fair value of aircraft owned [meaning it decreased as planes got older].

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk