Airline Mogul Forum

1$ or a Cent routes are a problem Multi Worlds Wont FIX!!!!

a1b23 · 18 · 3805

a1b23

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
The Economics of 1$ or a Cent is a gigantic problem even multi worlds wont fix!!!

Saturation will make it worse, but a cent i real life won't make a difference, in the game it could me going from a route profit of 60K to  -500.
1b23

Skyfox

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 12:45:52 am
I really dont have beef with 1€ routes. Though many of mine are heading that way and several are already there. I just have issue that 1€ can make the difference between 100% loadfactor and 40% loadfactor in many cases, i just think thats silly.

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 01:55:41 am
To bad this game doesn't have an airline "image" 8)
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 10:24:51 am
Of course it won't fix it.. The multiworlds weren't meant to fix them. They were to seperate players  :wink:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 10:38:14 am
There is no way to completely fix it, but you can slow it down!
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 11:26:58 am
there are lots of routes I fly with an airline flying $1, but I can still usually fly with a fare of $50 or $60. :D

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 12:00:22 pm
Quote from: "nwaboy"
there are lots of routes I fly with an airline flying $1, but I can still usually fly with a fare of $50 or $60. :D

I don't think the question here is 1€ routes - for which there is a specific thread (all others heading towards the lock button) - but the effect of just 1€ or, indeed, 0.01€ on load factors.

Say you are doing a route charging 255€. Another competitor lowers its fare to 254.99€. Suddenly your LF drops from 100% to <50%. I've had cases where 1€ was all the difference between a normal LF and 0% (loosing money). This is somewhat unrealistic and can turn AM into a game where the point is to update prices faster, rather than to truly manage an airline.

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 12:19:00 pm
Quote from: "mg35pt"
This is somewhat unrealistic and can turn AM into a game where the point is to update prices faster, rather than to truly manage an airline.

This is already the case. But Air Elbonia and Stephen are aware of that and are working on other solutions as well. They simply want to round off Multi Worlds as it would be silly to stop with that now that they have come so far. I agree with the fact that it won't stop the current problems, it will soften them (see multiworlds s the painkiller) while the real medicine is worked on.

Waerth

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 08:10:15 pm
So what is the solution to the problem?   8)

mproger@gmail.com

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 08:12:24 pm
Quote from: "Dooskie III"
 hate to give you a matrix like moment... but there is no problem.  think about that for a bit.....

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 08:17:24 pm
It appears though that the issue of having a higher priced competitor entering the market is fixed. I remember when a competitors who priced higher than me came onto some of my routes last round, my Load Factor dropped as much as 25% on some routes. This time it's not the case it appears. I do agree something has to be done about making 1 cent undercutting less effective on a competing airline. I did notice though if I operate a different, smaller type that has similar characteristics to my competition, the I don't have to exactly have to undercut them and can charge as much as 50 Euro more than they did. But I do feel there really is no way to "Fix" it, the best thing that can happen is that a more significant "hub effect" takes place thus not making LFs drop that hard. Afterall, undercutting your competition or getting undercut yourself is part of the game, and there really is no way to make it so that when a new competitor enters and charges lower, you won't feel any effects. It happens too in real life as well. Routes that usually have 5 or 6  different airlines (flying planes with more than 70 seats each) on them will tend to have lower ticket prices (under 100 Euros usually) than lets say a route with a single airline on it.

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 09:08:44 pm
Quote from: "mproger@gmail.com"
 hate to give you a matrix like moment... but there is no problem.  think about that for a bit.....

I don't really think it's a problem either, and it's just part of the game. But there seems to be a lot of comment and complaining about it, so I was just curious what some of these airline's solutions would be.   8)

ALFC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 09:57:12 pm
lack of comprehension of game mechanics is a problem multiworlds wont fix !!!!!!111eleven
LFC - Melmac Spacelines

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 10:00:32 pm
Quote from: "ALFC"
!!!!!!111eleven

myefre

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: January 31, 2008, 03:56:32 am

Grapes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk