Airline Mogul Forum

maps not showing

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
on: January 19, 2008, 08:33:33 am
Some of my maps aren't showing, most notably my route map (I dont have as much routes like last round for it to stop working, last round I had more and it still was working) and some of the maps in the view aircraft page arn't working at all (like a aircraft with 3 routes)

killian320

• Airline Operative
  • Killiarney :P
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 09:14:31 am
What browser are you using, eg Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer etc....

gizgiz

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 10:23:05 am
(1) Invalid airport code that GCM doesn't recognize
(2) Too many routes - GCM overloaded
(3) GCM might be down (unlikely)
[20:28] <Jps> your still a w****r with your new sig
[20:36] <gizgiz> you know what? this channel is hopeless
[20:36] *** gizgiz was kicked from #AirlineMogul by Jps [Just get lost.]

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 10:57:04 am
Number 1 for sure with all of the Iranian airports that you updated.

Waerth

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 04:44:38 pm
I'll try and re-jig the code to remove any pairing that includes ZZZ.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 12:37:23 am
watch your rejigging. >_> i've already blocked several bad iata codes... and if we finish the last few files and get them bugtested... it'll be easier then ever to block further bad ones.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 11:49:06 am
Any idea when its going to be fixed? I miss looking at my route map and being proud   :lol:

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 03:56:31 pm
Quote from: "iranair777"
Any idea when its going to be fixed? I miss looking at my route map and being proud   :lol:

?

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 04:43:45 pm
In the new code it's a lot easier to maintain... as i've managed to consolidate the exclude list to one place. in the present code it's scattered across 4 pages... >_> that and for some reason between being busy personally and being back from the 'olidays on my old interweb i seem to be having some slight issues with gc trying to figure out which codes are failing.

if you can get me a list of the codes that are failing [opening the image link by itself, GC should tell you a code that it doesn't like...unfortunately it's a 1 at a time process] i think we can squeeze in an update to this excluded list.  It may, or may not, last long however. :D due to how fast a few of our members have been in submitting new data.

Now. at the moment. gotta run.

mcstennis09

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 02:30:19 am
I think my maps are down too. D:
What's happening? :|

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 26, 2008, 07:26:25 am
Barring pure girth of your route network [eventually the method we use to connect AM to greatcircle has a limit as to how many routes it can support] the most likely cause of route-map failure is simple.

"bogus" IATA codes.

In AM, at the moment we're solidly driven by IATA codes, however there are several airports in game which have no IATA code in real life, or a few that have shared IATA codes.  we're making great progress towards a backend implementation of ICAO codes in addition to IATA, however we're still around 750 airports shy thereby presently no code outside of the submit airport page and a few admin airport related pages seriously support ICAO.  Benefits of ICAO guided route maps would be that there's a set generic code for "airports without ICAO codes", it's ZZZZ. IATA has no such standard. also, some players know ICAO codes better then IATA ones.  Furthermore, ICAO codes will [or are supposed to] never repeat [barring ZZZZ].  The only major drawback at the moment would be that the point at which your route map becomes too "full" to generate anymore is reduced by 25% [4 character ICAO code vs a 3 character IATA code].  The other, mildly embarassing fact, is as i mentioned before.  At the moment, to update the list of "ignored" IATA codes in game requires updating about 4 or five files.  with an updated multiworld code it will only take one page however we're still not ready [sadly] to roll out that code.

To continue expanded airport offerings, and to allow some players to fly into airports they know and love, we've allowed for the creation of bogus IATA codes [where plausible].  Unfortunately we can fall behind in updating our "do not pull" list for these codes due to the fact that it isn't as convenient as we'd like.  Sorry.

If you can identify the code which are holding your route map back, and aren't mentioned above... i believe i can put up an update to the present airport code list on those pages... the more complete it can be, the better. And No. Iran is not the only country affected at the moment.

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: January 26, 2008, 09:49:56 am
so your telling me i'll neve be able to look at my airline map and be proud ever again?  :cry:

mcstennis09

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: January 27, 2008, 05:12:27 am
ditto?? T_T

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk