Airline Mogul Forum

Multi World Update Thread

Tomb

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: December 20, 2007, 02:49:59 pm
"oh that will be good then so there wont be as much competition and will there be the same amount of gates in each world?"

"Bingo"

you are in for some serious disapointment if you believe this.

airlines will expand to fill the available space so intead of 10 airlines hogging the gates it will be 5 airlines instead, the competition will be just as intense, just with less people, actually with less people competition becomes more intense because thier is less players to compete against.

the basic problem is not the numbers of players but the poor economic model, it is way too easy to make silly money.

availble money will be the limiting factor NOT number of players, i think you reconise and acknowledge that  you will only delay the ineveitable and this is not the solution.

why not address the basic problems with the econmic model, as they say in the real world the fastest way to lose money is to invest in an airline, but not in AM of course,  perhaps the real value of multiworlds is one or more can have a more serious econmic model, however from other niche multiplayer games by trying to please eveyone you disperse and dilute the population and eventually end up with the survivors settling back in one world anyway...

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: December 20, 2007, 03:16:28 pm
Oh don't worry Tomb, Air Elbonia knows exactly how I feel on the Economic issue. I want costs to Ramp up to Irish standards, because apparently pay rates in the states are a joke. Costs to operate routes will also be jacked up. I want to introduce airport charges per passenger along with en-route ATC charges. As another measure we plan to introduce aircraft order books which will slow down delivery. We are very aware of the main issue that causes saturation. Multi worlds is not designed to take away that, but to reduce the player base per world.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: December 20, 2007, 03:30:16 pm
Passenger Fees... oh no... Green hates passenger fees

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

gizgiz

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: December 21, 2007, 07:19:45 am
Quote from: "Jps"

Guess you won't be liking I-want-a-demo-account's game either then ;) Fees galore :D

But back on topic, I'm very happy to hear AM is taking initiatives to fight this supergrowth syndrome present in so many other advanced-time airline sims. At least they're doing SOMETHING (target at those who think this change is for the worse) - some games just let this problem grow and grow until people leave. And that's not a good thing. When people leave, the game stops getting any development.

So to all those who are complaining about this and that, I just wanted you all to know this change will definitely make AM a much better experience. Sorry to sound like I own it, but it WILL be a good change. I'm sure of it ;)
[20:28] <Jps> your still a w****r with your new sig
[20:36] <gizgiz> you know what? this channel is hopeless
[20:36] *** gizgiz was kicked from #AirlineMogul by Jps [Just get lost.]

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: December 23, 2007, 02:08:56 am
Quote from: "gizgiz"
Quote from: "Jps"

Guess you won't be liking I-want-a-demo-account's game either then ;) Fees galore :D

But back on topic, I'm very happy to hear AM is taking initiatives to fight this supergrowth syndrome present in so many other advanced-time airline sims. At least they're doing SOMETHING (target at those who think this change is for the worse) - some games just let this problem grow and grow until people leave. And that's not a good thing. When people leave, the game stops getting any development.

So to all those who are complaining about this and that, I just wanted you all to know this change will definitely make AM a much better experience. Sorry to sound like I own it, but it WILL be a good change. I'm sure of it ;)

God.....   I agree with both Green and Giz in one post.  That is the scariest thing I think I have ever seen.....

The change is great...  I also hate PFC's  but the change in '.5' operating rules clear alot of my objection up.

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

travismb99

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: December 23, 2007, 03:12:43 am
There shouldn't be the same amount of gates available, though - and that will solve some of the saturation issue. Most of these airports have ridiculous numbers of gates available which, in the real world, they wouldn't have. It's necessary in the current version because there's so many airlines, if there aren't an insane number of gates then many would be shut out of major airports quite quickly.

For the smaller airlines which only fly into an airport once or twice per day, perhaps a Common-Use Gate system could be implemented - renting use of an airport-operated gate for a certain, lesser, amount per month. Each airline would be restricted to no more than two or three common-use slots - if they wanted to expand more, they'd have to rent their own gate.
acific Southwest Airlines - W10 - Catch our smile - ICAO:PS/#8304

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: January 14, 2008, 12:12:57 pm
Just thought I'd drop a line in here. We are basically holding back on updating the "main game" for new features at this stage. Our new design and logo (Previewed on the AM Facebook) have also been implemented. At the moment we are going through all files again making sure everything is in working order, however there will be a significant amount of testing required. Its getting close, so watch out in the coming weeks for further updates.
Stephen Murphy

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: January 15, 2008, 11:32:00 am
In the multiworlds, can we have separate worlds where we can choose how long the game round is going to be? this would be for people who dont get enough DOP at a certain location to grow as rapidly they require?

and also, how about a 'nursery' for people who have just joined AM to teach them how to play etc?

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: January 15, 2008, 11:53:30 am
If you purchase your own world, then you can choose who long it lasts. There will be a variety of games.

In terms of a world for new players, thats an interesting concept alright.
Stephen Murphy

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: January 15, 2008, 11:57:58 am
One suggestion. Should we have a couple of test worlds? For example, one world only bases out of the US while another bases out of Europe. We just need to see how multi-worlds work first :wink:
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: January 15, 2008, 12:03:07 pm
I don't think its feasible to keep creating worlds that don't give any benefit. Remember, we want the game to be up all the time and not go back to when it crashed every hour. The more worlds, the more work for the server.
Stephen Murphy

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: January 15, 2008, 12:04:44 pm
Quote from: "StephenM"
I don't think its feasible to keep creating worlds that don't give any benefit. Remember, we want the game to be up all the time and not go back to when it crashed every hour. The more worlds, the more work for the server.

Oh. These would be testers before you release them to the public :wink: Anyways, I hope you can work these out before Feb 29 :wink:

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: January 15, 2008, 12:09:15 pm
Quote from: "blue25"

Oh. These would be testers before you release them to the public :wink: Anyways, I hope you can work these out before Feb 29 :wink:

does that mean multiworlds are coming in next round?  :D

why the 29th? the reset is around about the 15th

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: January 15, 2008, 12:10:59 pm
Quote from: "iranair777"

I was just stating that it's a "leap year." :wink:

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: January 15, 2008, 12:15:53 pm
Quote from: "iranair777"

I was just stating that it's a "leap year." :wink:

:lol:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk