Airline Mogul Forum

Best Real-Life Airlines

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
on: October 29, 2007, 08:11:11 am
I'm thinking of making a poll of the best real-life airlines.  If you have any suggestions please post them here!  :)

Armygrognard

Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 08:07:19 pm
Quote from: "nwaboy"
I'm thinking of making a poll of the best real-life airlines.  If you have any suggestions please post them here!  :)

Nowadays?  I think they all reek (in the U.S.)

Back in the early 80's I really like Piedmont.  Then they were bought by US Airways (I think).  Then...

:evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Ace

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 08:10:28 pm
How about Singapore, Malaysia and Asiana? They have a very good reputation 8)
ne2Lease
ID 1704

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 08:18:00 pm
Aer Arann  8)
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

clee899

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 09:43:18 pm
In Asia: Singapore, EVA Air (no accidents in history), heard Korean Air had a good reputation too

In the US: all of the major carriers are decent, not great. I like Continental.
img]http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/5485/mybanner477b04be4b9ddgdaj8.jpg[/img]

Mountainair ID:2484

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 10:04:11 pm
In Asia, a number of Airlines are very good. JAL, CX, ANA, KE, SQ, Thai, .... etc. Even some very small airlines like Siem Reap Airways have really good service. EVA is good as well, or so I hear from time to time, but their fleet is getting old.

When compared, some US major carriers are dreadful. Continental is pretty good though, esp. the personal TV for their 772's. I have to add that I am very impressed with ExpressJet Airlines, Inc. (Continental Express) for their service during my last trip.

For South America, I had been on LAN Chile like 8 years ago, and their employees were very nice and helpful.

Emirates is the best in Middle East, no doubt about that.

SwissAir was my all time favourite for European airlines, but then they are history :roll:
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

IonWorks

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 10:17:38 pm
I actually flew on the last SwissAir flight out of Zurich in October 2001.  They were shutting down the airline as we boarded, and the pilot said "we're it!" as we hopped over to Milan.  Boy am I glad I wasnt on a later flight, or I would have been stuck in Zurich ... which, now that I think about it, wouldn't have been so bad :)

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 10:57:57 pm
For some reason I prefer asian carriers (SQ, MH etc.).
The European carriers certainly do have high security standarts and very good premium products (although these seem to be topped by SQ :wink: ), but I'm frequenting the cattle class more often then the C&F classes. And in cattle class many European carriers just suck. The seats are cramped, the fares ridiculous (did you know that you have to pay 50€ for an exit row seat@ KLM now?) and they often don't have PTV (for example LH is beginning to fit its Y with PTV now- SQ and MH both had it pre 9/11).

There are carriers in Asia who simply acknowledge that you've paid money for your seat in Y- an attitude that you can't always expect to find on most European carriers.
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

blumage

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 11:06:05 pm
Quote from: "IonWorks"
I actually flew on the last SwissAir flight out of Zurich in October 2001.  They were shutting down the airline as we boarded, and the pilot said "we're it!" as we hopped over to Milan.  Boy am I glad I wasnt on a later flight, or I would have been stuck in Zurich ... which, now that I think about it, wouldn't have been so bad :)

Whats wrong with Milan?? LOL :lol: I admit milan has its problems but what i think that somethings can be found only in milan like Luini the best Panzerotti ever(not really coz they have a london branch, but there's only one in Italy)

Going back to the topic, Cathay Pacific(CX) will always remain in my heart but i have to Admit service has gone slick in the recent years.Every year it gets worse.but it has been the airline of the year several times.
British Airways BA surprised me,I wasn't really expecting much but the touch screen AVOD made the Difference
Another EU airline would be Austrian(OS) really good service.
KLM and Lufthansa disappointed me, I was expecting more.
Regarding Alitalia i better keep quiet or i may get sued.
SQ is tops at the moment, while Emirates its truly the best in the middle east but is facing competition with Qatar,
American Airlines well no comment same opinion as alitalia.

But for the best fly
CAthay, Asiana, Malaysia Airlines,Singapore and Qatar.

ID 5228
And if we like to over do things just Imagine what is like to be our Guest!
Proud Member of BlueSkies

pTr

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 11:17:14 pm
Well... dun know which one is the best.. but I'm definitely saying Asian carriers are better then most. Unlike the American carriers(where unions exist)... Asian airlines actually use hot chicks as flight attendances...
img]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff56/ptrshih/shanghaiyt3.gif[/img]

Shanghai Airlines ID:655

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 11:46:48 pm
Regarding Alitalia i better keep quiet or i may get sued.

:mrgreen:

They'd have to sue a lot of people than...

@ptr: Well, another argument for SQ :D
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

Norfolk International Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 30, 2007, 03:08:02 am
Ryanair.

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 30, 2007, 12:18:16 pm
Midwest Airlines

I've flown on there 717's a few times out of Kansas City.  They are nice, and they give you cookies.
Bryce Rea

Air Tycho

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 30, 2007, 12:54:35 pm
From the online commnents I've read, Singapore Airlines seems to be the best.

As for Cathay Pacific and Emirates. if comments are to be believed, their service is sometimes appaling. Maybe Qatar Airways is the best Middle Eastern airline?

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 30, 2007, 03:56:12 pm
i would say Iran Air (even with their sanctions) are doing extremely well in terms of the quality of their flights (and not to mention their sexy a/c ;)). I have flown with them many times and they were always helpful and polite and I would give them more than 5*'s ;)
as with emirates (only flown once on a A332 with a return from IKA (imam khomeni airport in tehran) to DXB) they are 5* on the luxury factor

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk