Airline Mogul Forum

DOP

Rob Hirst

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: October 26, 2007, 07:52:14 pm
You may think that it's easier in Europe but it's already got to silly season on fares. Some as low as 50euro!! My DOP is 12mill but in the last few days I've added 21 routes and 6 Constellation aircraft and my DOP has actually dropped!!!

I think you'll find that as time progresses some people will really start to feel the pinch and fall down the rankings. All good fun but bloody annoying!!

Rob

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 26, 2007, 07:58:59 pm
Quote from: "Rob Hirst"
You may think that it's easier in Europe but it's already got to silly season on fares. Some as low as 50euro!! My DOP is 12mill but in the last few days I've added 21 routes and 6 Constellation aircraft and my DOP has actually dropped!!!

I think you'll find that as time progresses some people will really start to feel the pinch and fall down the rankings. All good fun but bloody annoying!!

Rob

If it's from Big City to Big City, I'm not one bit suprised. Competition will get insanly rough from those areas rather quickly as they're the ones that most players want to fly from. If you base out of smaller airports, you'll have a slower growth in DOP, but the 50 Euro "Ryanair wannabes" will come much later and you won't have to deal with them as quick.

ALFC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 27, 2007, 12:41:46 am
i've been preaching "base out of no more than 10m pax if you dont know how to deal with massive competition" because of this
LFC - Melmac Spacelines

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 27, 2007, 01:49:11 am
Quote from: "LOT 737-300"
but the 50 Euro "Ryanair wannabes" will come much later and you won't have to deal with them as quick.

I'm one of them in my main hub!  :twisted:
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk