Airline Mogul Forum

observations and thoughts about 1950 round

ALFC · 18 · 3017

wwnliu123

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: October 21, 2007, 07:30:33 pm
As the performance of the planes are so limited, picking the right airport to base at is even more important this round. For me, I have underestimated the effect of the performance of the plane, and pick a rather non-ideal starting base. But I am still satisfy.

For all those that are complaining, I guess one of the major problem that they may have is that they can't adapt to the old planes and new rules in the round. But that's the beauty of this game. There are so many variable in the game, you got a chance to due with a real people, not a dumb computer AI . If you just want to do the same things over and over again, and get the same result every time, this is not the game for you.

I guess the leasing rules is good for stopping the cheaters, as well as slowing the game down as well. So late comer can still have a chance to fight up the ranking.

At the moment I am enjoying my second round a lot, and hoping to see a great round to be unfolded.

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 21, 2007, 07:31:41 pm
Quote from: "Pacific"
If only n00bs were a little smarter like the "blue" game and pulled out of routes...

:roll: You were once a noob :lol:
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 21, 2007, 08:12:11 pm
Quote from: "TerryWrist"
my problems are the amount of airline passengers in 1950 are not correct

i'm estimating issues when faster bigger airplanes come into play while other airlines are struggling with prop driven craft

With the amount of airports already in the database, it would be a huge undertaking to attempt to adjust the number for round.

But I don't disagree....

Example, in 1950  Chicago O'Hare had no passengers, seeing how it didn't open until 1955.....
Chicago Municipal(it was renamed after O'Hare opened) only had about 10 million passengers in the early 50's.  And all of its passenger operations were closed in 1955 when O'Hare opened.

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk