Airline Mogul Forum

Leasing Prices

Guest · 33 · 5875

Armygrognard

on: October 20, 2007, 10:50:15 am
First of all, nothing I am talking about is illegal.  It is capitalism at it's best.

For those of you leasing these aircraft at outrageous prices:  What are you thinking???  Are you even making a profit?  1.5 million for a DC3???

For those of you leasing them out for those outrageous sums:  More power to you for as long as the market will bear it.  I can't believe people are that desperate to pay that much.

Y'all are CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 12:22:03 pm
Quote from: "Armygrognard"
First of all, nothing I am talking about is illegal.  It is capitalism at it's best.

For those of you leasing these aircraft at outrageous prices:  What are you thinking???  Are you even making a profit?  1.5 million for a DC3???

For those of you leasing them out for those outrageous sums:  More power to you for as long as the market will bear it.  I can't believe people are that desperate to pay that much.

Y'all are CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

:D . 1.5m for a DC-3 still earning profit.. i can get 200.000 an hour with one DC-3.. it's possible

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

Travel Norway Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 12:32:46 pm
The leasing rate. Is the price per AM-Month our for total for the whole leasing period?
Best regards
Sindre Holberg
CEO Lufthansa

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 12:42:50 pm
No..

200.000 (a day game time) X 24 days game time = 4.8m -1.5m = 3.3m profit

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

Travel Norway Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 12:43:35 pm
Quote from: "Travel Norway Airlines"
The leasing rate. Is the price per AM-Month our for total for the whole leasing period?

Dont forget my question :D
Best regards
Sindre Holberg
CEO Lufthansa

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 12:44:14 pm
Lease rates are per month.

Travel Norway Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 12:49:50 pm
Ok..Thank you so much.
Best regards
Sindre Holberg
CEO Lufthansa

Air Tycho

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 01:04:12 pm
I agree: current leasing prices are on the high side. Over time, they'll probably decrease if more planes are put on the leasing market.

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 20, 2007, 02:20:48 pm
When I lease out my aircraft,  my prices are set by a schedule.   I want my aircraft paid back after X number of game months.

If an aircraft costs more I need to charge more to achieve that schedule.
But that being said, I usually have no aircraft sitting on the lease market.  They are leased out very quickly.....

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

Armygrognard

Reply #9 on: October 20, 2007, 04:59:05 pm
Whatever the market will bear.  I have a lower tolerance on prices and it it exceeds that, I'll just buy.  Show me a lease in what I consider the sweet spot and I will jump on it.  (Thanks Hampo!)

ALFC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 20, 2007, 05:04:30 pm
the lease offers will be improved once its possible to automatically return leased planes back to the lease offers, sicne then it will be viable and not just click competition for people with money to offer leases on mass planes, hence increasing availability
LFC - Melmac Spacelines

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 20, 2007, 06:45:07 pm
With where my airline is based, I can't really lease a plane at this stage since it would leave me with very little cash, unless those planes were being leased at less than 150K per month. So I buy all my planes. So far, it's working for me, even though it is at a slower pace than those based out of the FRAs and JFKs of the world.

Norfolk International Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 21, 2007, 02:43:30 am
If mugs want to pay the price....................................

:lol:

Max2147

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 21, 2007, 03:06:54 am
The market is already settling down.  Lease rates for Aircruisers and DC-3's are starting to become reasonable.  All the airlines who were willing to take those stupidly high rates must have gone broke. :lol:
lying Badger Airlines

Armygrognard

Reply #14 on: October 21, 2007, 10:54:51 am
Quote from: "Max2147"
The market is already settling down.  Lease rates for Aircruisers and DC-3's are starting to become reasonable.  All the airlines who were willing to take those stupidly high rates must have gone broke. :lol:

:D

Ah, capitalism!  I have 7 DC-3's from HAMPO at EUR 500,000 a month.  That's about as much as I'm willing to pay at this stage.  Sad part is, I'd gotten some 737-300ERs for that amount, last age.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk