Airline Mogul Forum

Cheating from the get go.

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: October 14, 2007, 08:59:21 pm
No, you're a runaway freight train :lol: But apart from dktc, we have everything under control :)

NewYinzer

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: October 14, 2007, 11:29:02 pm
I just got here, and there is not nearly as much cheating and bugs as there is on Airline Empires. Count your blessings that the admins here are working hard to keep peace and order.

KapShtriQi

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: October 15, 2007, 06:54:59 pm
Edited...

Sending PM instead

UAT

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: October 15, 2007, 08:27:35 pm
look at the bottom of europes ranking
UDE
ID: 2870

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: October 15, 2007, 11:57:50 pm
I dont think this guy is a broker:

*Link removed.  Please do not accuse other players publicly.  E-mail at staff@airlinemogul.com instead. - Pacific

56 destinations!!!! 66 routes!!!! 16 planes!!!! Thsese on order: Bellanca Aircruiser (18 ) and Junkers G38 (2) !!!!

2 MAJOR hubs!!!
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

zvezdaman

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: October 16, 2007, 12:17:10 am
Quote from: "Seattle"
I dont think this guy is a broker:

*Link removed.  Please do not accuse other players publicly.  E-mail at staff@airlinemogul.com instead. - Pacific

56 destinations!!!! 66 routes!!!! 16 planes!!!! Thsese on order: Bellanca Aircruiser (18 ) and Junkers G38 (2) !!!!

2 MAJOR hubs!!!

holy kapoopilah
b]Aviosvet Interkontinental[/b]
Proud member of the Worldair Alliance
ID: 1901

Visit the Worldair Alliance's Forums: http://worldair.freeforums.org/index.php

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: October 16, 2007, 12:26:53 am
I've got 15 Martin 4-0-4s on order.  Keep in mind the Bellybottom Superduperaircruisers are dirt cheap planes.

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: October 16, 2007, 04:55:31 am
but still 16  DC-3's... thats alot..... 16 times 3mill is 46 million plus another 20 million plus those two junkers....
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: October 16, 2007, 05:06:10 am
With 66 routes? That's quite doable, actually.

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: October 16, 2007, 05:19:35 am
I just have my little base at PIT, hopefully going to start another base at MIA.  I have 3 DC-3s, no planes on order, and 12 routes originating from PIT...  DOP is almost 543k Euros, cash on hand is over 4.1 million Euros,  Airline value at over 18 million Euros.  I am only ranked 137th in North America, but hope to rapidly expand... and do that legally! :-)
teeler83
Founder and CEO of Buon Giorno! Airlines

hairways

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: October 17, 2007, 11:56:52 am
OrangeAir
Every airline has a fighting chance to get up in the rankings. You just have to have a decent strategy, and you'll make it. If you don't, and just start competing on some of the major routes serviced by 5 airlines, you won't make it. I don't, I have only a few overlapping routes with other airlines. Still, I have almost 60 routes.

I don't think thats quite true.
In the last round I had a great strategy for moving up the ranking. so much so that I went from 680 to 142 at the end of the game. I only joined over halfway through the game.

This time around its a bit off putting knowing that some airlines have an unfair advantage of all the others.

There should be a seperate list for airlines, brokers and lease compaines

Airlines list should be passanger carrying only and all be even at the start.

Brokers, and Lease companies should not be allowed to fly passangers if they are been given aircraft (in turn getting an unfair advantage)

If this is not done then at least there should be a profile set up called Boneyard and all unused aircraft sent there.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: October 17, 2007, 12:00:52 pm
Quote from: "hairways"
I don't think thats quite true.
In the last round I had a great strategy for moving up the ranking. so much so that I went from 680 to 142 at the end of the game. I only joined over halfway through the game.

This time around its a bit off putting knowing that some airlines have an unfair advantage of all the others.

There should be a seperate list for airlines, brokers and lease compaines

Airlines list should be passanger carrying only and all be even at the start.

Brokers, and Lease companies should not be allowed to fly passangers if they are been given aircraft (in turn getting an unfair advantage)

If this is not done then at least there should be a profile set up called Boneyard and all unused aircraft sent there.

There is no "leasing companies" in the game, at least not officially. There are only 4 official brokers.

As I have said, if you want to seperate it that way, all brokering features should be taken away from the airlines. (ie. you could no longer sell / lease, but only scrap planes.) This is not what Stephen is willing to do, and I don't think this is what the majority of the players would like to see. As a result, the "leasing companies" and "unofficial brokers" would still be there. The brokerage system has been discussed elsewhere, in suggestion.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

hairways

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: October 17, 2007, 12:07:31 pm
Thats fine then,

Why not create a profile called Boneyard then. And send all unused or returned aircraft there when a profile is closed.

No one should be given aircraft just for the hell of it. We should all have to earn our aircraft.

Last time around I leased over 60 aircraft and had a profit of 38m from them. But I earned each and every aircraft along the way.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: October 17, 2007, 12:09:57 pm
Brokers have to pay for them as well. The whole broker system is created to recycle the scraps as requested by the players here.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

ALFC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: October 17, 2007, 12:38:02 pm
Quote from: "hairways"
Thats fine then,

Why not create a profile called Boneyard then. And send all unused or returned aircraft there when a profile is closed.

No one should be given aircraft just for the hell of it. We should all have to earn our aircraft.

Last time around I leased over 60 aircraft and had a profit of 38m from them. But I earned each and every aircraft along the way.

you fail to realize that brokers are not a competiton, but a help.
look at the current numbers, the brokers are all the way up there, but they will be no longer there within a few days, since they BROKER instead of using the capital to expand the airline.
ALL! brokers already fell behind players. even orange is behind the three top DOP players, of whom one has 3x dop of orange, one has twice the dop and the third one about 2m more.
stop witchhunting the brokers, they are a great help, look at hampo, he only has 3m or so dop, although his spot makes people think its more.

its a service to the community, not a competition. if you are bothered by them being in top10, maybe you should wait a week or two. if you then see that there are practically only non broker players in top10, you should wonder why they are there and not how brokers are bad, that is if you want to enjoy the game.
LFC - Melmac Spacelines

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk