Airline Mogul Forum

Cheating from the get go.

Boho

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: October 14, 2007, 03:52:04 am
Interesting Idea.  I'm going to post this in suggestions.
img]http://www.boho.ca/images/pics/bohoairsig.jpg[/img]

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 14, 2007, 08:26:11 am
And in the suggestions came a no. Why do we need to disclose a list of people banned, publicly blaming some forum members? Would that really do any good? I don't think so. I can already see the flaming threads coming.

Other thing. Please read the forums before you start pointing fingers to players YOU think are cheaters. Skylite, Hampo and me are brokers, so we get all the planes scrapped by bankrupt players. Which also means we are constantly in debt at the start of the round, and have to sell them on to survive.

Every airline has a fighting chance to get up in the rankings. You just have to have a decent strategy, and you'll make it. If you don't, and just start competing on some of the major routes serviced by 5 airlines, you won't make it. I don't, I have only a few overlapping routes with other airlines. Still, I have almost 60 routes.

Armygrognard

Reply #17 on: October 14, 2007, 09:52:38 am
That and many of those banned have phony logins anyway, so what is the point?

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 14, 2007, 10:12:51 am
Quote from: "MrOrange"
And in the suggestions came a no. Why do we need to disclose a list of people banned, publicly blaming some forum members? Would that really do any good? I don't think so. I can already see the flaming threads coming.

Other thing. Please read the forums before you start pointing fingers to players YOU think are cheaters. Skylite, Hampo and me are brokers, so we get all the planes scrapped by bankrupt players. Which also means we are constantly in debt at the start of the round, and have to sell them on to survive.

Every airline has a fighting chance to get up in the rankings. You just have to have a decent strategy, and you'll make it. If you don't, and just start competing on some of the major routes serviced by 5 airlines, you won't make it. I don't, I have only a few overlapping routes with other airlines. Still, I have almost 60 routes.

:D 60 routes

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: October 14, 2007, 11:15:35 am
Quote from: "Armygrognard"

The point is, it provides dktc with employment. ;)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: October 14, 2007, 02:50:34 pm
Quote from: "Pacific"
Quote from: "Armygrognard"

The point is, it provides dktc with employment. ;)

The point is, it is just time-wasting and I am not paid. Then I got blames and targeted. What is the point of keeping whiners happy if they would still keep whining?
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Sensfan1

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: October 14, 2007, 07:57:12 pm
I have been doing that in the past 12 hours, except when I had lunch. It is 9pm and I still have not had my dinner. Come help us help you. It is not the game's fault nor the admins' fault that cheaters exist.

I would suggest then maybe you are trying to do too much and you need to recruit some help in order that situations will get dealt with more effectively.  I mean put a recruiting thread up asking for more AM staff or moderators.  Try to get more people working with you so you can eat at a decent time.

Cheers.
Sensfan

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: October 14, 2007, 08:18:56 pm
There is a thread for that up right now.

Sensfan1

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: October 14, 2007, 08:24:56 pm
Well I would suggest maybe this thread is not visible enough and maybe a recruiting message needs to go on Air Mogul's home page.  Or maybe multiple threads need to go up to try to make the recruiting more visible.

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: October 14, 2007, 08:30:02 pm
I think most people suitable for and interested in the position will see, or already have seen, the thread we're discussing.

Sensfan1

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: October 14, 2007, 08:39:37 pm
Ok then my next question is :  How much interest in the position has been declared form these suitable people (Has there been any at all??)  and how much effort is being made to get these suitable people on the Air Mogul Team??   If that  info is classified as secret that is ok I understand.

Cheers,
Sensfan

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: October 14, 2007, 08:44:52 pm
Quote from: "Sensfan1"
Ok then my next question is :  How much interest in the postion has been declared form these suitable people (Has there been any at all??)  

Of course there has been interest, what do you think?

how much effort is being made to get these suitable people on the Air Mogul Team??

As with any position for which some responsibility and visible maturity is required, applicants will have to show some pro-activeness and visible aspiration to join the AM team. On the current staff, I don't think there's active recruitment anymore for the positions currently open.

Besides, why on earth do you ever, ever need to know?

Sensfan1

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: October 14, 2007, 08:47:33 pm
lol, trying to help save you guys some time I guess and get more people working on making the game better so people lilke me can enjoy it more.   :)

Anyhow on a positive note I should say to the people who are working on it,   Keep it up and thanks.  I am having fun with this game.   :)

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: October 14, 2007, 08:49:30 pm
I'd say don't worry, we have everything under control :)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: October 14, 2007, 08:57:41 pm
Quote from: "MrOrange"
I'd say don't worry, we have everything under control :)

Easier said than done. :wink:  You don't have me under control at least. :lol:
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk