Airline Mogul Forum

Anyone else have a 'hurt' airline created for them??

Pod1967

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: September 29, 2007, 05:55:17 pm
The otherday I noticed an airline that has 3 bases the same as mine. But it's competition, plus I doubt they will equal me in the rankings.
img]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j52/michaelchow810/am/cfc.jpg[/img]

Armygrognard

Reply #16 on: September 29, 2007, 07:31:40 pm
Quote from: "pseudoswede"
Quote from: "CornField"

I seem to have picked up a 'hate' airline.  puesdoScandinavian, or some other nonsense pretty close.  It popped up on about 50 routes I am on, at a price 1 euro less the my fare.  

Wow. I change focus cities, and I suddenly increase my competing routes against you by 400%

Folks, that means going from 1 competing route to :shock: :shock: 4 routes! :shock: :shock: Yup, that's close to 50.

Don't brag about not bothering to update routes for 3 weeks because of all of the "waste of aluminum" airlines then coming on the forums to complain about newbies like me that appear while you were "away", oh Mighty #196.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Say on, brother!

Armygrognard

Reply #17 on: September 29, 2007, 07:33:01 pm
Quote from: "dktc"
Quote from: "blue25"
this topic is being locked (do it dktc!)

I am not doing it... yet.

I don't think it's terribly heated.  Still, you're the boss, boss!

Armygrognard

Reply #18 on: September 29, 2007, 07:35:06 pm
Quote from: "MrOrange"
I like caps.

I like turtles!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y&mode=related&search=

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: September 29, 2007, 07:47:57 pm
I'm sure you do, but please keep that to one post :)

Armygrognard

Reply #20 on: September 29, 2007, 11:06:46 pm
Quote from: "MrOrange"
I'm sure you do, but please keep that to one post :)

I have no skills in squeezing multiple quotes into one post, sorry.

Just ain't a gonna happen.   :lol:

Scandalian Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: September 30, 2007, 10:10:40 am
Well, such things happen. I entered Fresh! territory when I started a base at RHO, and Aero Scanias when I first began at MMX. And  off course you try to get as many flights up on that airport, and that usually means to destinations close and those destinations are always occupied by the other airline. Should I leave them alone then? Where am I supposed to go? to 1500 pax airports 2000 miles away? I think both Fresh! and Aero Scania and I have a healthy symbiotic relationship in those areas. I even fly some negative rev routes with 2% load just to have that route in my map, and I believe that the others have that too. I thing I have 10 euro fares at 3 or 4 airports out of 190 and that where there are already 7-8 airlines doing that route and that are in a price war. Heck, if all would settle for 50% we would all make more money than flying 100% at 10 euro. But that's the rule of competition, as annoying it is to get a "hate airline" :D
img]http://www.lsn.se/televisionset/ScandalianAnimated.gif[/img]
Your skyrocket to elsewhere

Max2147

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: September 30, 2007, 11:20:26 am
I had pseudoScandinavian show up at one of my bases.  The odd thing is that it was my least profitable base before he showed up, but I added so many flights to to compete with him that it ended up being my most profitable base!
lying Badger Airlines

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: September 30, 2007, 02:37:54 pm
Quote from: "Max2147"
I had pseudoScandinavian show up at one of my bases.  The odd thing is that it was my least profitable base before he showed up, but I added so many flights to to compete with him that it ended up being my most profitable base!

See? Competition can be a good thing!  :wink:

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: October 01, 2007, 12:14:51 am
Quote from: "Max2147"

See? Competition can be a good thing!  :wink:

Two things:

A.  Please someone show me where I complained???   Actually, I think its pretty funny someone would put forth the effort to create a second airline for this....

B.   I need to apologize to psuedoswede,  I had two airlines names on a notepad.  I typed the wrong one down......  My bad.

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: October 01, 2007, 07:27:02 pm
Okay, other than D Express and his personal pack of morons.  (I'm still pretty impressed how big your gaggle of idiots was)

I seem to have picked up a 'hate' airline.  puesdoScandinavian, or some other nonsense pretty close.  It popped up on about 50 routes I am on, at a price 1 euro less the my fare.  

It really is kind of an honor to get one.

I wish I knew who the real owner was so I could return the favor.  :twisted:

Anyone else get one????

Yah I got some... most of 'em kill each other within the first week.
And why do you cry? After all I've heard you have an aggressive politic against intruders as well!
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: October 01, 2007, 08:28:50 pm

B.   I need to apologize to psuedoswede,  I had two airlines names on a notepad.  I typed the wrong one down......  My bad.

Apology accepted. Now I need to return all of the 777's that I was going to use to fly into MCI, SAN, BWI and YUL. ;)

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Armygrognard

Reply #27 on: October 01, 2007, 10:19:40 pm

Apology accepted. Now I need to return all of the 777's that I was going to use to fly into MCI, SAN, BWI and YUL. ;)

Hahahahahahahaha!!!

:lol:  :lol:

SJR

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: October 01, 2007, 10:40:50 pm
I have a few competitors but we seem to be getting through without any real problems. Other than we all lose a bit of DOP for a while.
img]Http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/672/jeaei8.jpg[/img]

Manager of Jet European Airlines Ltd

Airline I.D. 2044

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: October 01, 2007, 11:07:00 pm

I say bring them.....

You will lose ALOT more cash than I will..........   :D

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk