Airline Mogul Forum

european slaughter at end of round

ALFC · 21 · 4259

ALFC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: September 24, 2007, 10:23:32 pm
hi, i noticed it in the past RL week, the european market is getting VERY competetive on many hubs, you have bigger airlines chopping routes with high frequency connections at prices of under 50, leased plane airlines struggling for survival trying to make a living against people with diversified route networks who can afford to basically 1€ a route just to cut the competition out. it is a very nice game right now, sad the round is over so soon, otherwise we would certainly see alot of bankrupt and market consolidation in europe.
how is it in usa or asia?
LFC - Melmac Spacelines

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 10:43:06 pm
North America has been that way for about 2 game years..

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 10:45:29 pm
Yeah. I remember when Cornfield and I competed ATW-MCI. You remember that? Now there are no gets at either left (fortunately at ATW I have 5 built gates.
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 10:56:45 pm
Asia? :lol: You need to ask? :lol:
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

ALFC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 11:08:02 pm
Quote from: "CornField"
North America has been that way for about 2 game years..

my impression was that the terminal building increased the normal competition tenfold in europe, so i assume it has been like this in other places aswell: players have cash but no gates to expand, with the terminals, this was possible hence a huge competition increase.
LFC - Melmac Spacelines

Pod1967

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 11:14:54 pm
It's been like that in the top places in Europe for the past 2 months real time.
img]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j52/michaelchow810/am/cfc.jpg[/img]

rodendack

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 01:07:32 am
normally I fix 2 under 25% load routes average per day, now I got 5 or 6 everyday, I gave up, beacuse there´s no point with the game ending so soon

latinamerica
ordillera Airlines, your gate to the South Pacific

ID2322...

Excuse me for my poor english :)

Pepperjack

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 01:22:50 am
It's probably like that for everyone currently.

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 08:16:44 am
Quote from: "ALFC"
hi, i noticed it in the past RL week, the european market is getting VERY competetive on many hubs, you have bigger airlines chopping routes with high frequency connections at prices of under 50, leased plane airlines struggling for survival trying to make a living against people with diversified route networks who can afford to basically 1€ a route just to cut the competition out. it is a very nice game right now, sad the round is over so soon, otherwise we would certainly see alot of bankrupt and market consolidation in europe.
how is it in usa or asia?

Well, can't help that. I didn't start most fires. But I can't let other people bash me out of my hubs!
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 11:13:03 am
Some airlines just need to focus on smaller non-saturated routes instead of basing in Frankfurt. And in this case, I think the terminal function essentially K.O.'ed about 10% of the airlines currently in the game, just because all big airlines can build terminals for a way too low amount of money, which they'll mostly earn back in less than one hour. It ruins the game for the new players, who don't have a chance at all to survive, even if they base in a small airport, because everyone is already flying to that airport at €1 per flight.

EXTspotter

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 11:41:05 am
I started only 6 days ago in a small airport, I have a fleet of over 25 aircraft, including 767s and 777s and have already opened up a new base.

Small airports can still make money.
ho said aviation sites were sexist?

crcole

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 01:06:57 pm
It's like the real world eh?
img]http://www.wiztel.eu/amlogos/ce.png[/img]

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 25, 2007, 01:08:04 pm
Quote from: "EXTspotter"
I started only 6 days ago in a small airport, I have a fleet of over 25 aircraft, including 767s and 777s and have already opened up a new base.

Lol true.. restarted yesterday

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 01:11:41 pm
Quote from: "MrOrange"
Some airlines just need to focus on smaller non-saturated routes instead of basing in Frankfurt. And in this case, I think the terminal function essentially K.O.'ed about 10% of the airlines currently in the game, just because all big airlines can build terminals for a way too low amount of money, which they'll mostly earn back in less than one hour. It ruins the game for the new players, who don't have a chance at all to survive, even if they base in a small airport, because everyone is already flying to that airport at €1 per flight.

Agree on what you say about flying on smaller, non-saturated routes. If a airline does these, they have a better chance of survival, if they base themselves out of a smaller airport and fly to as many small towns that most everyone else seems to have ignored, they can actually make a decent profit, depending on the plane they use, Granted, it might be something between 8K and 30K (depending on many variables), but it still can make you some good profit if you planned it out right. Of course, the LF script is a bit out of wack as it is right now, so 100% LFs can be destroyed easily to like 50% by undercutting by 1 cent.

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 25, 2007, 08:19:10 pm
Quote from: "EXTspotter"

Big aírports can still give you a lot of money. Not as your first base though!
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk