Airline Mogul Forum

Terminals - are they worth it?

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: September 20, 2007, 01:30:48 am
Adding to that;

Building a new terminal with only 1 gate is not possible.

Building a terminal in a focus city where you only have 1 gate (3 others were tagged and returned) is possible.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Pod1967

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 01, 2007, 01:41:05 am
I have a question regarding gate returns at a built terminal. Do we still rent the gates at the terminal.

I'm assuming if my airline built the terminal that we technically own it, so the gates would be owned by my airline. So why do they get returned. I realised that if they are rented that its due to giving the airport money, but wouldn;t the airline pay a fee for the overall terminal rather than the individual gates, as with the terminal you're taking up the airport's land.
img]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j52/michaelchow810/am/cfc.jpg[/img]

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 01, 2007, 01:54:20 am
Quote from: "Pod1967"
I have a question regarding gate returns at a built terminal. Do we still rent the gates at the terminal.

I'm assuming if my airline built the terminal that we technically own it, so the gates would be owned by my airline. So why do they get returned. I realised that if they are rented that its due to giving the airport money, but wouldn;t the airline pay a fee for the overall terminal rather than the individual gates, as with the terminal you're taking up the airport's land.

If you build a terminal, you're still allowed to rent any existing gates at the airport (subject to the return levels) but are prevented from renting new gates.

3/4ths the normal cost of a gate at the airport is charged to your account for each gate you build, for maintenance and staff and other fees associated.  built terminal gates are never returned (however. since routes are assumed to originate from terminals first, rented gates may be returned for disuse still).
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk