Airline Mogul Forum

FAO Admin

Evanescent

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: September 10, 2007, 03:59:31 am
Ok, I know the policy on multiple users etc

But...
My brother has taken an interest in playing in the next round, are we ok to have two airlines, as we would be sharing the same PC (and presumably the same IP adress), or is there some automated system that will prevent this>

I would expect there wont be any "favouritism" between us, though it might be hard. (hey at least I'm honest) not to agree a few discounts for "family members" (I wouldnt want to hurt his pride too much when he still has one plane and I own the largest fleet in the family!)
img]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff296/Shrewflite/Evanescent50.gif[/img]

d1-3508

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 05:35:22 am
Now, I've been in the same position as you before (with my twin sister) so I know what happens.
In my situation, Stephen accepted it.
EO of Pacfic Blue, ID 302.
Senior Editor of AMM (Airline Mogul Magazine)
2nd Most Southerly Member in the game.
No longer an admin.

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 05:56:54 am
Usually if there's nothing too suspsicious about it (say weird leases/plane sales or sudden overlap smashing competition) and both accounts seem to be playing seriously, it's hard to tell if it's family or a multi when in low numbers.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 11:18:46 am
We dont have the same IP system as AE. We dont ban people based on IPs being the same on multiple accounts, however this is completely abused at the same time with people registering bogus accounts. I'll be coming up with a system shortly to reduce it.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk