Airline Mogul Forum

Maintenance on swapped aircraft

FLG Blue

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: January 30, 2022, 02:29:44 pm
Is it possible to automatically cancel maintenance for an aircraft that is swapped, from time to time I see when I swap an aircraft, wither it goes into minus hours, or there is maintenance assigned and a small amount of time wasted that cant be used.

So my proposal is that if an aircraft is swapped, the maintence associated with the aircraft is not copied across to the new aircraft, only the routes.

It can get very messy if you are swapping say 50 aircraft.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #1 on: January 30, 2022, 05:13:41 pm
On the backend, maintenance is encoded as if it was a route. It might explain why it is copied over when you swap a route.
In some cases it might be more useful to keep the maintenance on the new aircraft, in other cases it might not be useful. But in any case, negative hours should not appear

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 30, 2022, 07:21:53 pm
Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion, as Matias says the system is setup to swap with maintenance, if it really runs out of hours it leaves some flights behind on the old equipment. May be we can build in logic where you can check a box and allow it to swap maintenance or not. There are some use cases where you are leasing an aircraft and are swapping to an owned aircraft of the same type where you would want maintenance to go with it.

Let us see what we can do.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

FLG Blue

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 31, 2022, 09:18:33 am
It would be nice if you had the option to copy across the maint set previously on the other aircraft.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk