• Train pins and tie clips
Reply #15 on: August 13, 2019, 03:20:30 pm
Enjoy this map of the airline routes in March 1968:

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: August 14, 2019, 03:28:25 am
Oh thats cool. Just wait till all the red connect, you'll be able to fly anywhere in the world soon.  8)
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Scotia Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: August 15, 2019, 09:31:12 am
I have a few questions about this new maintenance thing.

1) Is there any  punishment, other than bigger maintenance bills, to stop people ignoring this.
for example:- I could buy a new aircraft, run it for 3,4,5 years then just scrap it. NO maintenance.

2). new aircraft generally don't need maintenance for a number of years/cycles but the players get punished from the start of the game. Why?
( surely all aircraft should be exempt for, at least, the first year. Thus, the player can establish themselves before maintenance kicks in)

3) does the maintenance times change for piston aircraft to jet aircraft?

4) Does one aircraft not flying really cover maintenance of ALL similar aircraft?
( So, I can have a fleet of over 200 B.737-200's and only one is required to be a non-flyer)

regards

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: August 15, 2019, 11:15:43 am
I have a few questions about this new maintenance thing.

1) Is there any  punishment, other than bigger maintenance bills, to stop people ignoring this.
for example:- I could buy a new aircraft, run it for 3,4,5 years then just scrap it. NO maintenance.
The punishment is that you have to buy new aircraft all the time. To be honest, I don't think we have thought about the balancing issues. Feel free to try it out, but I suspect that maintenance costs will be much, much higher (i.e. instead of scheduling maintenance preemptively, your maintenance team will have to react to issues after they appear).

2). new aircraft generally don't need maintenance for a number of years/cycles but the players get punished from the start of the game. Why?
( surely all aircraft should be exempt for, at least, the first year. Thus, the player can establish themselves before maintenance kicks in)
All aircraft need maintenance for day one, there are daily and weekly checks. This is what the game tries to emulate. For older aircraft the maintenance price is higher due to more parts being replaced rather than more time spent on ground.

3) does the maintenance times change for piston aircraft to jet aircraft?
Good question, let's ask Stephen

4) Does one aircraft not flying really cover maintenance of ALL similar aircraft?
( So, I can have a fleet of over 200 B.737-200's and only one is required to be a non-flyer)
Yes, you can have a non-flying aircraft covering the maintenance of other aircraft. Your awesome scheduling team is very good at keeping all routes covered without bothering you :) One aircraft for each 200 is maybe a little optimistic, it would maybe be around 10-15 or so - but I have yet to grow such a big fleet.

Scotia Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: August 16, 2019, 01:36:16 pm
Hi,
All aircraft need maintenance for day one, there are daily and weekly checks. This is what the game tries to emulate. For older aircraft the maintenance price is higher due to more parts being replaced rather than more time spent on ground.

I would disagree with your statement. Daily/ weekly checks are normally done by the pilot/crew before each flight and especially 1st flight of day. This is the responsibility of the crew as part of their jobs, rather than a maintenance crew running around every aircraft daily. Especially on new aircraft.

I do understand that this is a test game to the changes but needs some fine tuning.

All different aircraft variations need maintenance as a 100 seat aircraft can't cover a 140 seat aircraft over a longer distance. Then can you explain the difference, other than the engines, on the 2 aircraft below.
Douglas DC-9-15   80   487   1310   0.38   Pratt & Whitney JT8D-1   738   â‚¬33,763,328   Buy
Douglas DC-9-11   80   487   1310   0.38   P&W JT8D-5                           738   â‚¬33,769,031   Buy

With exactly the same seats/speed/distance and fuel usage. I fail to see why either of these aircraft can't substitute the other and therefore be classed as the same under the maintenance issue

Regards
Scotia Airlines

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: August 16, 2019, 04:36:57 pm
[...]
I would disagree with your statement. Daily/ weekly checks are normally done by the pilot/crew before each flight and especially 1st flight of day. This is the responsibility of the crew as part of their jobs, rather than a maintenance crew running around every aircraft daily. Especially on new aircraft.[...]
I am not an airline professional, so I am no expert in this field. But I'm sure we can agree that the new maintenance formula is better than the old one.

[...] Then can you explain the difference, other than the engines, on the 2 aircraft below.
Douglas DC-9-15   80   487   1310   0.38   Pratt & Whitney JT8D-1   738   â‚¬33,763,328   Buy
Douglas DC-9-11   80   487   1310   0.38   P&W JT8D-5                           738   â‚¬33,769,031   Buy

With exactly the same seats/speed/distance and fuel usage. I fail to see why either of these aircraft can't substitute the other and therefore be classed as the same under the maintenance issue
I am currently going through almost all Jane's All The World's Aircraft to clear up issues like this. The new data will be used in a new aircraft database made available when complete. Unfortunately, due to limited free time, we can only progress slowly.
Some discrepancies have already been fixed in the new database after going through data, but since aircraft are already in use, we have chosen not to edit the existing database.

I hope this helped clear up your questions  :)

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: August 19, 2019, 11:16:34 am

The map is now showing routes in September 1968

SchindlerHaughton

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: August 19, 2019, 07:49:41 pm
Ah, there I am covering the Midwestern US in red. :)

(No, not like that!)

MrBullsFan

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: August 19, 2019, 11:03:33 pm
Thats how you become the west coast primer airline! No offense to Utech...

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: September 04, 2019, 05:55:35 pm
First trans-Atlanic flight courtesy of Fun Airline (hal2003)!

Thunderstruck

• Airline Operative
  • What goes up must come down
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: September 18, 2019, 09:18:00 am
Really great how players are participating in the in-game forums. We have some really original and fun creations there!

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: September 20, 2019, 05:46:10 pm
No active airlines in Africa, only one in the Middle East (based in Jeddah), a few in Europe and Asia and one in Sydney. US competition is fierce, avoid at all costs :P
Come join us in the fun! Remember, we have an active broker and a good aircraft market!

Anzatax

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: October 06, 2019, 11:51:18 pm
I am very sorry Matias, but somehow I lost access to my Discord - I tried logging in but they told me that my location was not recognized and required an email confirmation. That location is the same place that I had used my Discord account all the time.

I went to my Gmail to get my Discord account confirmed - and my Gmail did the same thing on me. So now I cannot access my Discord and Gmail. Trying to fix that Gmail problem right now :P

How's the alliance going? I'm sorry that I cannot be on in there :P

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: April 24, 2021, 11:44:31 am
This world is nearing the end. Thank you, everyone, for making it such an enjoyable world!

New features are in the pipeline for AM, I expect them to be ready in a few weeks - just in time for a reboot of this world! These features will make aircraft leases much more attractive, among other things.

I look forward to join you in the next instance of this world! Expected creation is the beginning of May.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk