Airline Mogul Forum

New to AM, needing advice/tips

vsamt2 · 11 · 6284

vsamt2

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: June 17, 2014, 03:09:31 am
Hello AM Community,

I just recently started my airline, and am looking for advice from you all.

Forum Code: Airline Mogul - See my airline
World Info URL: http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/world_info.php?wid=2851
DOC: 32,619
Goals: move up in the ranks, have fun, set up multiple airports in the Indian subcontinent, and move out, draw a profit

I guess beginner tips.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 08:43:08 am
Firstly, read the FAQ (although you haven't asked any questions from there yet :) )
http://stephenm.org/smfforum/index.php?topic=9808.0

I see you only have one route. Your aircraft probably has hours left where it does not do anything. Try opening more routes to nearby airports

vsamt2

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 03:47:26 pm
Where do I manage my miscellaneous revenue? Also, I can't find a link as to how many planes I have in my fleet? Are we only credited the one aircraft when we start the game?

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 10:09:48 pm
Click on 'Admin' to see your admin panel in game. There will be a few useful settings and links

In order to buy more aircraft, click on 'Aircraft' and select a manufacturer in the left drop-down menu. But I suspect you can still open more routes. Try opening more routes until your aircraft does not have any more time left.

vsamt2

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 02:17:00 pm
Sorry to bother again, but how do I know how many routes my plane can travel? Can a plane really fly more than 3 or 4 routes consistently?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 02:32:03 pm by vsamt2 »

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 09:49:33 am
You can see how much time an aircraft has left - that is, the time it is standing on the ground. Each aircraft has 24 hours available a day, so the more time you use to fly routes, the more money you will earn

vsamt2

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 01:51:34 am
Can you please check my airline and tell me why I am in debt?

I get messages that my gates are not being used and are being returned, but I need gates for each route, correct?

Why are gates being returned? (I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 10:37:32 am
Monthly costs (rental, maint and such) are paid at the start of the month. They would impact your cash-flow and could easily put you into negative cash in the start up phrase. There is not need to be alarm; it is perfectly normal. As long as your financial projections (Report -> Finance) project a monthly profit, you should be fine.

You need to have empty slots in your gates at both origin and destination in order to create a route. The number of slots available would dictate the maximum frequency you could create. Each gate has 10 slots and as such each gate could cater to multiple flights / routes.

Hope this helps.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

vsamt2

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 01:24:11 am
Thanks for all the advice and tips. I'm starting to see my airline grow, but what are some tips to accelerate profit?

I'm saving up to buy an Airbus, but it feels like forever, and I have only 40 million in the bank. How can I increase profits, because some of the other airlines higher in the rankings have 100s of large commercial jets already in their fleet or on order?

Thanks.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 03:49:27 pm
One way is to start with smaller planes. The ROI is potentially higher.

Another way is to lease in aircrafts, which turn your initial capex into opex. This helps in terms of cash-flow, provided that you are based in a large enough hub and get leases that are affordable.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

metallurgy

• Airline Operative
  • Happy flying!
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 20, 2021, 10:09:40 pm
I have found that fuel costs are not that bad, unless flying mostly larger planes such as jumbo jets (747's, DC-10's, L10-11's, etc...), and if your plane variety is mostly these jumbo jets. So, don't get to discouraged when starting up an airline, and the jet/turboprop you wish to use has a medium-high fuel cost. The plane will be plenty profitable, assuming you fly enough flights with it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk