Airline Mogul Forum

Live aircraft positions

Guest · 3 · 1969

george7378

on: September 08, 2014, 01:48:20 pm
Hi!

This might sound like a big ask, but I think it would be cool to have a simple system for tracking individual aircraft in real time via the 'View Aircraft' page. Let's say I'm on the summary page for one of my aircraft. At the moment I have the plane's stats, routes and a map showing those routes. I think it could be made even better by adding a simple text field which tells you whether the plane is currently in the air, and if it is, which airport it is flying to.

I guess the simplest implementation would assume that the plane sets off on its first route immediately as each new game day (or hour) begins. It could then look at the server time, determine what fraction of the current day has passed and based on the duration of each route on the plane's list and the turn time, it could determine what the plane is currently doing.

Apologies if I haven't explained it very well, but I think this would be a really neat feature!

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 10:13:03 am
It is a nice idea, but from what I understand, Stephen would like to focus on making the game more realistic to play before moving on to smaller details like this
I hope you understand, and thanks for the suggestion :)

george7378

Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 10:30:48 pm
No problem, thanks for the reply! Looking forward to future improvements!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk