Airline Mogul Forum

[PW #2691] Magnum Airlines

kevinaj

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: May 03, 2014, 04:54:49 am
(Oh man, it's been a very long time since I was here, but now I've had a sparked interested in AM again so why not, I liked doing these little reports, so I'll do one again, although maybe not as professional as my old ones IMO).

Magnum Airlines is currently a growing airline based out of Charlotte/Douglas International with nonstop service to 45 destinations so far. New York LaGuardia is an alliance hub used primarily by turboprops to connect to smaller airports in the Mid-Atlantic/New England area. Here is the current route map.

Currently, Magnum has plans to establish a hub at Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport to start operations further east as well as expand into Canadian territory, and is considering a hub at Las Vegas/McCarran in the future as well. Magnum also soon plans to start international service soon with the addition of 757s into the fleet.

Another airline that is going to bankruptcy is selling much of their fleet at rather low prices, including several Boeing 757-200s and a Boeing 767-200. Magnum has bought one 757-200 already and plans to buy 2-3 more 757s and possibly the 767 once the money has presented itself (which I am sure won't take too long with the amount of money being made, unless another airline steals the opportunity). Magnum also has ordered an Airbus A319 for routes to more smaller cities across the East Coast, and plans to purchase more A319s in the future. Here is the current fleet.

ATR 42-400 (2)
ATR 72-210 (1)
Boeing 757-200 (1)
Douglas DC-9-50 (3)

Will probably update more soon.

kevinaj

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 05:00:58 am
So far, Magnum's plans to establish a sturdy hub at Minneapolis has been successful. Magnum, though, has pulled out of New York LaGuardia Airport after a fellow airline in Star Alliance renounced membership, thus leaving LaGuardia outside of Star Alliance territory. Magnum currently has no plans to reestablish an official hub at LaGuardia soon, but will consider doing something in the future. Also, due to considerable competition, Magnum has decided to abandon its plans to establish a hub at Las Vegas/McCarran, and is currently deciding on where a future Western United States hub will be located. Magnum, though, has decided to build a future hub at Houston-George Bush as a gateway to the Southern half of the United States. Currently, Magnum has expanded to 99 destinations, and will celebrate the 100th destination milestone very soon upon the arrival of our newest aircraft. Here's a current look at the route map.

Magnum's fleet has expanded to 20 aircraft, including ones on order. Unfortunately, Magnum was not able to purchase the amount of planned used 757-200s from a bankrupting airline as another airline took ownership of them before we were able to. Instead, we decided to buy 4 McDonnell Douglas MD-82s from the same seller of the 757s and utilized them on our routes out of Minneapolis. Magnum currently is planning to buy some Airbus A319's as well as A320's mainly for service out of Houston. Eventually, Magnum also plans to start phasing out the Douglas DC-9-50s for newer, more advanced aircraft. Magnum also plans to start ordering more medium-long range aircraft, mainly the 757-200 at the moment. Here is the current fleet.

Airbus A319-100: 2 (2 on order)
Airbus A320-200: (1 on order)
ATR 42-320: 2
ATR 42-400: 2
ATR 72-210: 2
Boeing 757-200: 1 (1 on order)
Douglas DC-9-50: 3
McDonnell Douglas MD-82: 4

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk