Airline Mogul Forum

What should i do next?

jetblue67

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: November 25, 2012, 05:37:09 pm
Okay so im currently in a world with a lot of inactive airlines which is great but kind of boring. All these airlines are operating DC-3's and old prop planes and i am the only airline with a modern jet fleet. But i have no idea were to expand and such. Im currently based in Atlanta with about 130 flights daily and hubs in Detroit with 76 flights and Memphis with 50 flights. I just started to expand into the western united states and mexico with 727-200's and L-1011's and i have 737-200's on order for Memphis for these western flights. My current DOC is  € 17,804,864. So all i really want to know is if it sounds like im doing good so far and where should i hub next? Should i expand my airline in Europe and if so what planes should i use? Also the current game year is 1974.

Airline Mogul - See my airline
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 06:25:07 pm by jetblue67 »

Calebrw

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 06:58:27 pm
You didn't say what year you're in. (I can't see the game at work, so I can't tell).

I don't know the operating cost of the three jet aircraft you have off-hand, but I would say you are doing just fine. LAX and LAS are always popular hubs in AM, while SFO and some other west coast destinations are seen, but those are generally in populous worlds where there is higher competition at the larger airports.

It depends on how you want to play the game: are you trying to make as much money as fast as possible or are you trying to replicate an airline already or once in existence or a hybrid of the two?

Can you expand to a different continent? Are there long-haul routes available? Can you fly to South America in addition to MEX? Is the DC-8, 707, 747-100/200 or A300 available yet?

jetblue67

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 07:51:45 pm
I am in 1974.
I don't know if id consider this real competition since for the most part the fairs are all €800+ no airport has reached more then 700 flights yet and the busiest one is Chicago O'Hare with 629 flights.

I am trying to make as much money as fast as possible.

DC-8's 707's 747's and A300's are all available.

I was going to use my L-1011's to expand to LHR, CDG, and FRA but i wasn't sure if that would kill my monthly profit or not.

Calebrw

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 08:14:24 pm
If you're going for strictly money, drop long haul and focus on a network that incorporates hubs that can serve airports from multiple hubs.

For example:

If you have hubs at ATL and ORD, adding JFK will allow you to serve most of, if not all your current airports without you having to rent more gates. If you add say, SFO, you may not be able to serve all of the same airports with your current fleet.

That hasn't always been my strategy, but if you really want to make money quickly, focus on having hubs with high pax traffic and that are near each other w/i 1,500 to 2,000 nm (depending on your fleet).

I'm not saying you can't do any long haul, but if you're doing TALT from ATL and ORD (I've had this come up), you normally need 4200 nm + range a/c and those are expense and you'll want to keep them under 3 years of age and then cycle in new a/c. Also general consensus is to keep the seats below 300, which the A300-600R or maybe the DC-8 may be your best bet for TALT flights. Not super familiar with L-1011s, but A306s have worked well for me.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 09:08:46 pm
Just dropping a small comment:

Nevee buy the 747, it is not worth it. I recpmmend the L1011, as it is fast, has less tjan 300 seats and has a lot of range.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk