Airline Mogul Forum

Complete World Route Map?

Commercial Air Services

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: September 29, 2012, 04:20:28 am
Please excuse me if this has been suggested before, I cant seem to find a good way to search for it.

I was just thinking that it might be nice to have a button to click on that will show all routes from all airlines flying in a particular world at once. It doesn't have to be in the style of the main route map it could be a simple "Great Circle Mapper" map.

It would even be better if the routes where color coded according to airline or even if one could have like a list of airlines that one could tick to display. Though I think that might be pushing it :-[

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 10:16:51 am
The problem with Great Circle Mapper is that it stops working after 800-1000 routes. So if you want to see all the routes in the world after just a few days, you will just see a faulty image.

Commercial Air Services

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 01:33:07 pm
Sigh, Oh well... was worth a try :roll:

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 02:25:06 pm
Sigh, Oh well... was worth a try :roll:

It is possible to do it on the AM route map but it would be a huge file, and probably near impossible to load. Might be worth trying though as a once off though. :) What world are you in?
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Commercial Air Services

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 03:02:11 pm
Hi Stephen, I'm in private world #2442. There aren't that many airlines operating it yet. I can imagine that in a public world it will be a whole different story.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk