Airline Mogul Forum

Realistic World V4

pilotguy121a

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: September 22, 2012, 11:53:14 pm
Realistic World V4.0

Description: This is a continuation of “Realistic World” in which players emulate real world scheduling. Very few airlines today fly to one destination, once a day. Though it is the easiest and most profitable way to play Airline Mogul, it makes the game boring after a few game years. But, this game is different. We try for 3-4 flights per day to a single destination. Why in the world would we do this? A few reasons. One, it gives Airline Mogul an new challenging appeal. Second, it slows the game down. Third, its FUN! We don’t base success off how valuable an airline is, rather how well they accomplished realistic scheduling and aircraft usage.

Guidelines
Version 3

1. Frequencies
Use of 0.5 Frequency and 1 Frequency is frowned  Sad upon heavily, except in long haul operations. One ‘loophole’ to this is that if you serve the same airport with 4 different airplanes at 1 Frequency, this counts as 4 Frequencies.

2. Fleet Commonality
Although it doesn’t have a purpose in the game, it provides realism. When I say commonality, I don’t expect strictly Airbus or Boeing. Instead, when an airline has 1 of each airplane from 5 manufactures. We see it all the time in normal AM games and it is really nice to see an airlines in the old Realistic Worlds we had massive amounts of a single aircraft types and what not.

3. Regional Service
As per RAA.org a regional airline is:
"Regional airlines, operating 9- to 78-seat turboprops and 30- to 108-seat regional jets, provide short- and medium-haul scheduled airline service..."

Since this is the industry definition we will use it for what we classify as regional airline service in AM. I want to be clear here, we are all starting out as regional airlines. The ERJ-195 is a regional jet. What does this mean? Simply if we fly to larger airports say for example ORD-ATL, we should use the appropriate frequency, something like 5-7 times. 

4. Aircraft Usage and Routes
Use reasonably sized aircraft for particular routes. If you are a legacy carrier (as in not regional per the above definition), using an ERJ195 for ORD-ATL wouldn't be realistic. Something like a 737-800 or A321 would be more justifiable.

Use of ATRs (or other regional turboprops) should be limited to routes under 500nm. The reason for this is airlines don’t use them for 3000nm flights that take 7 hours. If you wish to fly longer-range regional routes, please use jet aircraft like the ERJ-145LR or CRJ-200LR. Likewise using a 737-900ER for cross Atlantic operations (though possible in real life) should be avoided. Likewise, ORD-RFD (Rockford, IL) WOULD NOT BE A REALISTIC FLIGHT.

5. Common Sense
Above all, especially if you played in the previous world, use your best judgment. These are merely guidelines and you will not be deleted unless you are really not complying or following anything and ruining the game for others.

World Details
Starting Year: 2005
End Year: 2010
Starting Aircraft: 5xERJ195LR
Gate Quantity: 5
Domestic Bases: 10
International Base: 2 (Takes away from realism but we can live with it)
Full World/All airports (for those wanting to go into less popular areas)
All Aircraft
50 players
New Maps
Password: V4
Expected Launch date per interest 9-23-12.

Please Note: You do not need to reserve a spot nor do you need a real airline name.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 09:38:42 am
I would really like to join, but I'm already in so many worlds.... I'll think about it, especially if many players intend to join

danio100

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 10:39:46 am
I join 2

pilotguy121a

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 09:26:09 pm
World is created, please join at your leisure.  :)

steex

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 11:53:39 pm
Thanks for creating this!  I will join sometime in the near future, the realistic worlds are my favorite part of AM.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 11:25:49 am
Oh, I don't think I'll make it in time to join before the time runs out :(

EDIT: To hell with school! I'm in! for the first time I'll base in Australia :D
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 03:16:12 pm by 1993matias »

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 05:33:29 pm
Europe is empty, Asia is empty, Central and South America is empty. And for real fun, try Africa! :D

pilotguy121a

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 02:18:09 am
Glad to have ya! I remember you carried on the Realistic World with version 3, the next version when I have the time and after this one ends should be set in the 70s, never played a 70s game before.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 11:11:24 am
Don't begin before 1970, too few jets :P

Rifqi_dd

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 12:02:00 pm
hi i have joined as ABC Europe Airlines

Grawood

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 01:10:30 pm
Hi,

Seagull Air (SGL) operating out of KUL, emulating MH scedules reasonably closley.

I never been in a realistic type AM World before and I like the sound of it.

Question though - if I schedule more than one aircraft on the same route, I'm effectively going into competition with myself and won't be able to achieve high load factors while maintaining a good price will I?

For example, MH will operate a few different A/C on a domestic or nearby regional route and be sure of filling them up, but that isn't possible in AM is it? (Unless I'm missing something.)

So in this AM world, is it better to schedule one A/C to one destination with multiple freqs or use mulitple A/C on the same route?
SeagullAir (SGL)
Public #2505
Airline Mogul - See my airline

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 01:18:52 pm
Yes, you can achieve 100% lf, but you will have to either edit the routes a million times, or lower the prices a lot.

Good to have you on board, have fun playing! :D

Grawood

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 27, 2012, 01:41:12 pm
Hi Matias, nice to see you again, I remember you from the last PW I played :)

I'll have to experiment and see what's best, but I'm inclined to just use one A/C with mulitple freqs - I don't think AM can realistically model the same airline using multiple A/C on the same route without thinking it's competition.

My fingers will get tired enough when it comes time to replace A/C, without having to constntly adjust fares in competition with myself  :P
SeagullAir (SGL)
Public #2505
Airline Mogul - See my airline

Air Nostrum

• Airline Operative
  • Air Nostrum - El cielo es Nostrum
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 09:18:51 am
Hello,

I join this wolrd to.
Air Nostrum based in VLC/LEVC (Spain).
Sincerely
Air Nostrum - El Cielo es Nostrum - The Heaven is Nostrum - Der Himmel ist Nostrum

pilotguy121a

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 02:25:10 pm
Welcome everyone! About multiple aircraft on the same route, I'm have done this many times and the key is to start out low and see how it goes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk