Airline Mogul Forum

End of Leasing

oddward

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: July 31, 2011, 12:33:46 am
I think that it may be useful for some airlines that when they lease an aircraft they can have the option to buy it when it comes off lease, and keep the routes with it. This would be an option that the owner can set and they can reserve the right to cancel the option to sell if they wish but must pay €1.5 mil to the leaser for inconvienece if they do cancel. When the owner puts it up for lease they have an extra entry field in which they put the sale price at the end of the lease. The leaser has the option to choose if they want to buy it after or just lease and return they too can change their mind but must pay the owner for inconvience.

Your thoughts please  :-\

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 10:27:18 pm
Better late than never, but the way we do the leasing and sale system mean that one aircraft cannot currently be on both markets at the same time. There may be sufficient redundancy built in however with some creative logic to make it happen. I agree its a good way to go at the end of a lease and would give a nice way for brokers to secure sales on aircraft after a long term lease. Hire purchase in effect!
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Shawa

• Airline Operative
  • Worldair Alliance
    • View Profile
    • Worldair Alliance
Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 11:27:42 pm
It's a good idea, but I doubt the lessor paying a 1.5M$ Penalty on a 950 000$ Plane is a good idea.

Maybe make it a set percentage of the airplane's value.

Alouette Aviation - Österreichische Wetterstrecken - Blå Løve Luftveje - Imperskiye Nebesa

oddward

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 10:28:54 pm
But on the other hand it is too low for a multimillion euro 747

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk