Airline Mogul Forum

Goodbye!

hay-airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: May 02, 2011, 11:44:02 pm
Thoughts on the 'death' of Osama Biln Laden anyone?
hay-airlines; livery maker.

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 07:07:31 am
YAY! I celebrated with a nice cold beer.
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

hay-airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 07:25:59 am
Nice. Wont there be any retaliation?

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 07:58:00 am
Nice. Wont there be any retaliation?

Maybe. But the mastermind and most important symbol of Al Qaeda is sleeping with the fish now. People won't gather around him like they did a few years ago. He was also by far the most important financial supporter of terrorist operations around the world. Only a week ago in a similar raid 25 leading members of Al Qaeda were either captured or killed by American special forces. The attempt to attack the Eurovision song contest was blown by German special forces.
The loss of Osama will probably lead to a lot of in-fighting between the pro-Zawahiri and the pro-al-Libi factions within Al Qaeda.
Al Qaeda is slowly crumbling from within. The threats they will come with over the next few days are out of desperation.

The simple fact is that unarmed demonstrators in Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Yemen and Syria have achieved in just a few months, what Al Qaeda couldn't achieve in 20 years.

But please don't confuse Al Qaeda with Taleban. Taleban won't stop fighting until the coalition leaves Afghanistan.
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

pck

• Airline Supervisor
  • Apportez-moi partout!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 08:32:51 am
I personally don't celebrate death, however, I hope his punishment has done the lost ones justice.

The passing of Osama bin Laden is a major milestone achieved, he being a very respectful figure in Al-Qaeda (Something along the lines of the British losing the British monarch; someone they can look up to - not sure about this though.). However, this doesn't mean it's the end of "Islam terrorism", and I think governments has done a good choice to further tightening security guidelines, such as in airports.

Vengeance is scary.

ba4

Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 08:58:16 am
He caused 9-11! >:(

hay-airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 04:44:48 pm
I am Pakistani (well, half) and Muslim, too. I think I know the difference between Al-Qaeda and the Taliban! BTW personally I don't think that they should be part of Islam, either. They are completely different. No normal Muslim would heart anyone (!), without good cause!

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 09:36:54 pm
I am Pakistani (well, half) and Muslim, too. I think I know the difference between Al-Qaeda and the Taliban! BTW personally I don't think that they should be part of Islam, either. They are completely different. No normal Muslim would heart anyone (!), without good cause!

Absolutely true. (well except for the Pakistani part here) 
Sincerely, Mastafa

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk