Airline Mogul Forum

Some more suggestions

GPWestjet

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Blaine's View
on: April 27, 2011, 02:28:30 am
Hey I have a few more suggestions for the Game.
I have broke them into a few categories.

Easier access
I have seen that this game isn't as mobile friendly as some other Airline Management Games are.
1. Make the Forum more mobile friendly, There is specific layouts for forums and would be very useful.
2. Really same as above but make the game more mobile friendly, it would greatly help but probably would take quite awhile.
3. Make an app for the game, would only cost $99/year to be able to make it.

Advantages in the game.
Here are just a few more suggestions that could make the game more realistic.
1. IFE- Be able to install In-Flight entertainment in you fleet, could charge for it, and when multi-class is built in then you could choose different systems for the different classes.
2. Seat Pitch- You could choose the seat pitch of you planes. Higher seat pitch =less seats you can sell. But people would pay more for higher pitch so you could make more money but also could make less due to less seats being available.
3. Being able to choose what type of airline you were(Legacy, Full service, Regional, Low-cost) which I am thinking that traditionally the Legacy would charge higher prices, and probably make more money, Full service would be a carrier like Alaska Air, which isn't a legacy and would operate in certain area(As they specialize in flights to Alaska and in Western U.S., Regional would only be able to serve >10 million passenger airport, and low-cost would obviously charge lower- fares.
4. I think you should be able to sell you aircraft for less than 50%, because sometimes I would like to give a discount to airline that sell a lot of my aircraft.

That is all for now

Thanks

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 08:30:58 am
Advantages in the game.
2. Seat Pitch- You could choose the seat pitch of you planes. Higher seat pitch =less seats you can sell. But people would pay more for higher pitch so you could make more money but also could make less due to less seats being available.
I think that isn't possible until multiclass - which is in a time far, far away...

3. Being able to choose what type of airline you were(Legacy, Full service, Regional, Low-cost) which I am thinking that traditionally the Legacy would charge higher prices, and probably make more money, Full service would be a carrier like Alaska Air, which isn't a legacy and would operate in certain area(As they specialize in flights to Alaska and in Western U.S., Regional would only be able to serve >10 million passenger airport, and low-cost would obviously charge lower- fares.
Wouldn't that need a new loadfactor equation?

4. I think you should be able to sell you aircraft for less than 50%, because sometimes I would like to give a discount to airline that sell a lot of my aircraft.

The bottom limit of 50% is to prevent money transfer by selling planes expensive and then buy them back at 25%.

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 09:57:32 am
Low cost and legacy would be tied closely to configuration of the aircraft.

The passenger segment for each airport can be divided into 5% 1st class pax, 30% business class pax and the remainder are economy. Then we can configure our planes to take the different numbers of passengers, catering for different segments. I could go for 10 1st, 30 2nd and 100 2nd for my plane, or simply 189 3rd class or 50 1st class. 1st class pax are willing to pay more, 3rd class would pay less.

Prices would be affected by demand. Offer a lot of seats (Lowco) and prices drop. Offer few seats, and the price can be higher.
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

AirbusGuy350

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 12:01:05 pm
for load factor you can do each class independently so there are between 50 and 100 first class seats a day 150-200 business and 1500 to 2000 eco passengers a day. Each class will be like its own flight.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 12:04:31 pm
We could also take the 'median price' i.e. the median of 1st class price, business price and eco price. That way it would be a lot easier to make/edit big flights, but I see the advantage of making up to three separate flights - then the lf of eco could change without having an effect on the others.

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 12:09:17 pm
for load factor you can do each class independently so there are between 50 and 100 first class seats a day 150-200 business and 1500 to 2000 eco passengers a day. Each class will be like its own flight.

Yep, that was what i was thinking. It will take slightly longer to create routes, but it will be more dynamic.
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

ba4

Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 12:10:52 pm

Yep, that was what i was thinking. It will take slightly longer to create routes, but it will be more dynamic.

it will be more real. but regional will probably not need to have Legacy

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 03:03:49 pm
Thanks for the suggestions.

Easier access
I have seen that this game isn't as mobile friendly as some other Airline Management Games are.
1. Make the Forum more mobile friendly, There is specific layouts for forums and would be very useful.
2. Really same as above but make the game more mobile friendly, it would greatly help but probably would take quite awhile.
3. Make an app for the game, would only cost $99/year to be able to make it.
We have not done much for mobile as the limited resources go towards the main website and upkeep on-going upkeep. I'll have a root around and see what SMF is capable of on the mobile side.

Advantages in the game.
Here are just a few more suggestions that could make the game more realistic.
1. IFE- Be able to install In-Flight entertainment in you fleet, could charge for it, and when multi-class is built in then you could choose different systems for the different classes.
These features are likely to be a part of multi-classes at whatever stage we get that out.

There are a few methods to allow full service, low cost etc structure to come into the game without actually choosing what type of airline as an option, since its possible in real life for each type to have attributes belonging to any category. I'm working on University related items that would feed in nicely here as a result of on-going research.

That's not going to happen due to feeding, where there is too much assistance being given to airlines, bordering on cheating.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk