Airline Mogul Forum

How to get out of debt?

Long Airways

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: April 19, 2011, 06:35:49 am
Beginner here, just started the game yesterday.
This morning i checked my airline, and i was in debt!
What suggestions do you have to give me? Please help!  :)
Airline Mogul - See my airline

East West Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 06:54:05 am
My best suggestion to you, would be to drop the leased aircraft. And I also noticed that the airports you fly to are some of the most expensive in the world which is costing you a fortune. You also only have 11 flights on 5 aircraft. Try renting some gates at smaller airports and fly to those. With the occasional big one. Build yourself up ya know? Also make sure your loadfactor is at 100% if that means lowering the price a little, do it. If they are already at 100% try raising your prices a little. I believe I'm in that same world.

Long Airways

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 06:58:54 am
hello east west, thx for ur reply.
i have been trying to drop the leased aircraft, but dont know how to do it. can u please help? which page do i go to in order to cancel the lease?
and any small airports suggestion that will have high load factor?

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 08:46:52 am
If you have enough tokens, buy advanced gate search to look up any gates near your base. As East West said, try flying to some nearer airports to get max. use of your aircraft. ten short routes earning 60000 each (600 000) gives more money than four long routes earning 100 000 each (400 000).

Try to keep the frequency on 1, as it is the most economical given the limitations set by AM.

If you want more information, try to read the manual: http://www.airlinemogul.com/wiki

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 02:37:17 pm
If you want more information, try to read the manual: http://www.airlinemogul.com/wiki

Unfortunately, it's down until further notice.

The most likely reason you're in debt is because you logged in at the beginning of the month. You pay all of your lease and gate rentals and maintenance costs on the 1st of the month, and you are often in debt the few days of the month. It's totally normal.

I would start investing in some 50 to 70-pax aircraft and start flying to all of the small airports surrounding HKG. I also noticed that you aren't flying to CAN, which is suitable for a 727.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Long Airways

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 04:16:29 pm
thx for your advices..really help.
i notice there is a MD-83 for lease in the aircraft market. it is a good idea to lease planes? or is it a bad way to go?

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 04:31:15 pm
If it's cheap, then yes. An average MD-83 earns 500-600 thousand per day. The lease cost is per month.

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 04:41:02 pm
If it's cheap, then yes. An average MD-83 earns 500-600 thousand per day. The lease cost is per month.

That number is so arbitrary. If he only uses it on one route, he won't be anywhere close to that number. He would need a minimum of 6, maybe 7, routes to reach that number--and, realistically, closer to 10 routes.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk