Airline Mogul Forum

Private Worlds

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
on: April 04, 2011, 06:05:30 pm
I sent this out on our social media channels a short time ago, so I am also putting it here.

What kind of new additions/features would you like to see in Private Worlds?
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

pilotguy121a

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 06:57:01 pm
Allowing for more starting cash if no starting AC is used. This would allow for airlines to buy their own planes that would suit their area of operations.

EDIT: What i mean by this is lower the cost of increased money if no starting aircraft is chosen.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 09:36:55 pm by pilotguy121a »

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 09:20:31 pm
Just like in public worlds, inactive airlines should be reset after a certain amount of time. It would make those 90+ year worlds more interesting.
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 11:19:05 pm
* Discount if paying with paid tokens. Something like 1 paid token = 5 (10?) free tokens. Able to use a mix of paid and free tokens to create a world.

* Allow a longer "setup" period (user configurable). Some people like to join only if the world was just created; and even if it's only February of the initial year, people may not be as tempted to join. Something configurable between 1 hour (especially useful for worlds built for 1 or 2 players who want to start immediately) and two weeks. This would allow people to announce their private world on the forums, and it would give people who don't check the forums often ample time to join and setup before the world officially begins.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 12:14:30 am
[Two week setup time] would allow people to announce their private world on the forums, and it would give people who don't check the forums often ample time to join and setup before the world officially begins.

This is probably not possible without a ton of coding, but a user-configurable option to automatically create a new post in the Private Worlds forum announcing the creation of their private world. Post would give all details and/or a link to the world information.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 12:23:31 am
In terms of extra starting cash for no starting AC - both increasing the cash and increasing the value/quantity of aircraft increase the cost in tokens. If you have no aircraft, you save tokens - which can then be spent on extra cash.

In terms of inactive airlines, perhaps that could be an option for the world creator. I think different players and world creators could want different set ups. Some creators may want control over the world they paid for, where as others may not want the effort or "bad guy" feeling of having to check up on everyone and throw people out. Likewise with players, some might want a world where they can go away for a while and still have an airline, others might want to ensure the world stays healthily busy through the game.

pilotguy121a

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 01:00:57 am
In terms of extra starting cash for no starting AC - both increasing the cash and increasing the value/quantity of aircraft increase the cost in tokens. If you have no aircraft, you save tokens - which can then be spent on extra cash.

Not quite. If i setup a world with 5xA320s at 79m each that come out to 395million. Now if i start with no a/c and 250million cash, the token cost is 2,700. These two thing are essentially the same in terms of initial airline value, but one costs 240 tokens compared to the 2,700 tokens. I hope i'm not misunderstanding you...

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 12:51:41 pm
Thanks for the replies everyone!  :)

Just like in public worlds, inactive airlines should be reset after a certain amount of time. It would make those 90+ year worlds more interesting.
Airline resets have come back as a major element in feedback so far, and via email so we will have to do something about it.

* Discount if paying with paid tokens. Something like 1 paid token = 5 (10?) free tokens. Able to use a mix of paid and free tokens to create a world.
I would be willing to try a discount as a promotion, but going to a ratio of 1:5 on paid:free tokens without an increase in the price of worlds would slash the value of paid tokens by 80% which wouldn't be financially viable. I would be willing to try a 1:2 ratio for a limited period.

* Allow a longer "setup" period (user configurable). Some people like to join only if the world was just created; and even if it's only February of the initial year, people may not be as tempted to join. Something configurable between 1 hour (especially useful for worlds built for 1 or 2 players who want to start immediately) and two weeks. This would allow people to announce their private world on the forums, and it would give people who don't check the forums often ample time to join and setup before the world officially begins.
Its not too difficult since we have a variable already for the length of time before a game starts, I would just need to re-work part of the creation process to allow it to be user configurable. It may be a non-cost feature also.

This is probably not possible without a ton of coding, but a user-configurable option to automatically create a new post in the Private Worlds forum announcing the creation of their private world. Post would give all details and/or a link to the world information.
I would be in favour of this, and I have also debated whether or not to post to Facebook/Twitter. It might be appropriate as a direct update on Twitter and perhaps a weekly summary to Facebook. The forum would be a different approach though, I might go have a look and see if there's an API add-on for SMF.

Not quite. If i setup a world with 5xA320s at 79m each that come out to 395million. Now if i start with no a/c and 250million cash, the token cost is 2,700. These two thing are essentially the same in terms of initial airline value, but one costs 240 tokens compared to the 2,700 tokens. I hope i'm not misunderstanding you...

Valid point about the costs of respective values, I'll discuss it with Will and see how we can make it a little fairer. I know that the value of having 5 A320s is not the same as having 250mil in cash, since you could buy a huge quantity of small aircraft and grow much faster that way. That should be the reason why the token costs behave the way they do. Token costs in private worlds are also used to slow down growth in the game.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk