Airline Mogul Forum

Any Sense in less than 100% Loadfactor?

jayceon

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: January 04, 2011, 06:16:17 pm
To any new players that happen to chance upon this:
1. If you have hundreds of routes, it's just not worth the time to edit each route to squeeze out a few extra $.
2. More importantly: to stop the price wars. At some point, realize that it's better to take a 93.18% Load Factor earning you 50k than each of you going down, down, and further down until even though you have 100% load factor you might only be earning 30-40k. I remember in the Public Worlds the LHR - CDG route, what you would think would be one of the most profitable due to insanely high passenger counts in both places, and the low fuel, actually only ended up earning you 40k tops by year 5. Why? Everyone wants a piece of the pie, and they want their piece of the pie to by 100% of the theoretical size. Unfortunately, they were giving away bits of the pie in the process...

One of my routes in my current game: Frankfurt to Rome.
There are 4 of us there, and everyone priced it at 330. My LF is only 79%. However, I know if I break this balance that we have here, it'll only start to hurt as the price will drop, 1 euro at a time, to god knows what.

If you keep your load factor at 93.18% you just have to wait a while. Just change the route a game year later or so. When you do, don't change the price, just press "Update". You'll see your load factor go up a couple percent ;) It becomes serious money after a year of 5. Usually I renew my fleet when planes reach 5 years. You'll easily make 20% more than you did before on the exact same route.

Lord Voldemort

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 06:56:17 pm
Right! It's a seniority bonus or something like that. Thanks.

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 07:29:10 pm
Thanks! I knew that prices could be raised, but this is a much easier way! Just set l/f to around 90%, and in a few years update the route! :P

PS: It seems that the prices rise as you add more routes to your hub, not by time.
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: January 05, 2011, 08:04:57 pm
PS: It seems that the prices rise as you add more routes to your hub, not by time.

There should be an element of both, but if you close the route it resets the time element.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: January 05, 2011, 08:07:18 pm

There should be an element of both, but if you close the route it resets the time element.

I never really noticed that time element, even when i close the route and recreate it.
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

jayceon

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: January 05, 2011, 09:10:29 pm

I never really noticed that time element, even when i close the route and recreate it.

I never noticed that either. But on the other hand, I keep flying from other hubs to that same airport. I always fly to every gate I've rented from every hub. I guess if you're flying just from one hub to a city it will reset the time line on that particular route when you delete it, I guess..?

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: January 05, 2011, 09:27:44 pm
Its fairly small so you may not notice it too much. It should give you preference atleast over competition on a route.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Lord Voldemort

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: January 06, 2011, 03:56:58 am
Its fairly small so you may not notice it too much. It should give you preference atleast over competition on a route.

It seems large enough. I was editing a 90% LF route, and I was actually able to raise the price by 3 for 100%.

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: January 06, 2011, 04:29:48 am
It seems large enough. I was editing a 90% LF route, and I was actually able to raise the price by 3 for 100%.

Don't forget hub effect, too.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Lord Voldemort

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: January 07, 2011, 12:42:32 am
Right... It was only of the first 10 routes I made, and now I have 100.
That makes more sense, considering I've been in the base less than 5 game months.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk