Slow page loading

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
on: September 05, 2010, 10:11:48 am
Hi, sometimes when in the game, the pages suddenly stop loading. Thed stand still, for up to two minutes, just loading nothing. It can happen at anytime, it's only AM affected, not even the forum, it's with both Opera and Chrome - but not at the same time; e.g. if it freezes with Chrome, I'm able to continue work with Opera.

It's annoying as hell!

EDIT: Three times in ten minutes!!  >:(
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 10:15:34 am by 1993matias »

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 12:25:12 pm
Sorry about that.

The forum is on different server than the game. We will be upgrading to better performing servers soon, and hopefully would solve that.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 06:44:56 pm
I'm still experiencing the problem, something ought to take five minutes (replacing two aircrafts/15 routes) Took me at least 20 minutes. When will the problem be solved?

The other link Stephen sent me (box3) works all the time, but just has a slow response time, I just don't like to use it.

I hope to see the problem solved soon.

Hal

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 07:41:37 pm
I'm still experiencing the problem, something ought to take five minutes (replacing two aircrafts/15 routes) Took me at least 20 minutes. When will the problem be solved?

The other link Stephen sent me (box3) works all the time, but just has a slow response time, I just don't like to use it.

I hope to see the problem solved soon.

Beacuse the box3 is in Germany, but game database is still in Miami.
Central Europe Brokerage, official broker, ID15523.

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 08:55:02 pm
I only ever use box3. It always works, and i usually do homework alongside the AM editting, so i don't really care if i have to use a few extra minutes.
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 09:05:55 pm
I think Friday was terribly slow for a while. Cannot remember exactly. Ironically the permanent move is going slowly too but progress is being made.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 09:19:43 pm
I think Friday was terribly slow for a while. Cannot remember exactly. Ironically the permanent move is going slowly too but progress is being made.
Any progress at this stage is good. How long have you been working on the move?
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 07:44:28 am
How long have you been working on the move?

Are you counting days since he first started working on it? Or are you counting actual work hours allocated to it? :P
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Lord Voldemort

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 05:36:10 am
Out of curiosity, what exactly goes into moving a server?

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 06:10:14 pm

Come up with a set of specifications
Estimate how many servers are required. In certain cases the "cloud" is easier to deal with since its more flexible and easier to scale with.
Find a provider
Find the right server(s)
Do the administration of user accounts, passwords etc. Making sure that security is stepped up and improved.
Appraise the software installed on it, check versions and compare them to the versions of software AM's currently running on.
Upgrade/install/remove software as appropriate from the above.
Start migrating services (IRC etc) over to the new server and test them there.
Migrate a test portion of AM over and start to get it running stable through intensive debugging.
Move over the databases and more testing
Test a bit more
and a bit more testing.
And hopefully done.

The other thing that I haven't included in the above is the experience/knowledge required to work in different operating systems and versions of it (Linux). I've only become familiar with Linux recently so it takes me a while to overcome some technical problems, thus delays.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 03:17:37 am

Come up with a set of specifications
Estimate how many servers are required. In certain cases the "cloud" is easier to deal with since its more flexible and easier to scale with.
Find a provider
Find the right server(s)
Do the administration of user accounts, passwords etc. Making sure that security is stepped up and improved.
Appraise the software installed on it, check versions and compare them to the versions of software AM's currently running on.
Upgrade/install/remove software as appropriate from the above.
Start migrating services (IRC etc) over to the new server and test them there.
Migrate a test portion of AM over and start to get it running stable through intensive debugging.
Move over the databases and more testing
Test a bit more
and a bit more testing.
And hopefully done.

The other thing that I haven't included in the above is the experience/knowledge required to work in different operating systems and versions of it (Linux). I've only become familiar with Linux recently so it takes me a while to overcome some technical problems, thus delays.

hehe I got experienced with Linuz when my 500MHz Computer crashed. Linux Puppy :P

http://www.google.ca/search?q=linux+puppy&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7SKPB_en&redir_esc=&ei=QjVCTYuzIoX6lwfBr7XxDw
Sincerely, Mastafa

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk