Airline Mogul Forum

0,5 frequency problem, even after reading the manual, help pls :)

Kudlaty

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Airline ID: 37806
World ID: PW#1279
Current world year: 20 Dec 1995
Current bases: Barcelona
DOC:  € 1,246,356
Forum code: 37806

Hi everyone!
I just signed in the forum, I have been playing for like 3 days now, so I am a newbie here :D

I would like to make a such connection:

Barcelona -> Cologne/Bonn -> Hamburg -> Tegel -> Munich -> Frankfurt am Main -> MUC -> TXL -> HAM -> CGN -> BCN

I want to operate this route daily, I mean the aircraft returns to BCN the same day it departed (The total route time is about 10 hours) and after arrival in BCN it can still be used for other connections so that it flies whole day.
Now I think that all the frequencies should be set to 0,5 except for MUC -> FRA flight, which frequency is 1. And what concerns me is whether such a setting of frequencies would result in the aircraft flying the whole route on the same day?

I have read the manual, as well as the forum topic on the 0,5 frequencies, but still not 100% sure of how it works.

Would be really grateful for any advice :)

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 10:29:52 pm
In order for this to happen, you first must also have focus cities at least in HAM and MUC.

Second, calculate the block times for each city pair and multiply by two (since all you're really doing is a convoluted round-trip). If the total is under 24 then you can run this route with no issues. You cannot put more than 24 hours of flight time on a plane.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 01:44:57 am by pseudoswede »

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

dan408

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • PW# 1252 come and join
Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 12:29:32 am
If you wanted an aircraft to follow that route that you've layer out abouve then you would need to have focus cities located all over Europe.

When creating routes it always originates from your focus city so all of those flights would come from Barcelona. 0.5 routes are just one way flights if you wanted the flight to complete a round trip then you would set the frequency to 1 i.e barcelona to Frankfurt the aircraft would fly to Frankfurt and then fly back creating a round trip. Dunno if this has helped at all sorry if it's just all rambelings
PW# 1252: FlyAway "Taking you to your destination in style"
http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/world_info.php?wid=1252

Kudlaty

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 08:45:45 pm
0.5 routes are just one way flights if you wanted the flight to complete a round trip then you would set the frequency to 1 i.e barcelona to Frankfurt the aircraft would fly to Frankfurt and then fly back creating a round trip.

Yes, I know that but I didn't know how to set the frequencies in 'the chain' of connections. Anyway thanks for your reply :)

Second, calculate the block times for each city pair and multiply by two (since all you're really doing is a convoluted round-trip). If the total is under 24 then you can run this route with no issues. You cannot put more than 24 hours of flight time on a plane.

Yeah, everything's calculated and planned, the total is about 10 hours + the turn rounds so it will definitely be under 24 hours  8)

In order for this to happen, you first must also have focus cities at least in HAM and MUC.

Now I get it, thanks a lot !  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk