Airline Mogul Forum

Leasing another aircraft

tonylondon

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: September 16, 2009, 10:14:49 am
Hi
I have just started and only have the 1 anatov aircraft. I understand that the cheapest way for me to get another aircraft is to lease .
my current MONTHLY income after expenses is about 1,000,000 but the aire craft i have seen range from 1,400,000 upwards per MONTH, so I can not see how I can ever afford another as I will be constantly in debt. This got me into trouble when I first started. Am I overlooking something or do I need to start with the cheapest planes like the vardex - aero hopper?

thanks

Giant Airlines
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 10:35:42 am by tonylondon »

Severnaya

• Airline Operative
  • The truth is more important than the facts.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 10:21:31 am
leasing prices are per month and not per day

tonylondon

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 10:27:24 am
Sure

but my projected income in Finances  (when I clike on the bank balance amount) shows 1,000,000 for the month. I'm only making around 90,000 per day  and the lease wants 1,400,000 per month

any ideas

thanks

tonylondon

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 10:34:54 am
I have modified my original entry to show months not days!

martyn21uk

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 04:25:05 pm
Two things.  Firstly this could work for you as don't forget your daily and monthly income will increase dramatically when you take the new plane on.  So you may be making 1,000,000 a month with your 1 airplane but when you take on a second one this could increase to say 3,000,000 so you'll be covered in your lease payments for the second plane.  As long as you expect to make a profit on the second plane you will be fine.  You may just need to build up a bit of bank to make that first payment to lease it.

The second point is that by the sounds of it your leap between the first plane that you own and the second plane you want to lease is quite a big jump.  Ideally I would be looking to take on a few smaller planes and growing your doc before moving onto bigger planes.  But if there are none available in your world then this may not be an option.

Good luck

tonylondon

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 12:57:09 pm
Thanks

have opted for leasing very cheap planes to keep leasing costs down - will wait until I build up my bank balance

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk