Airline Mogul Forum

[W850] - but applies to all worlds - POLL: Multiple frequency madness

Poll

Should multifrequency feature be dropped from AM?

Yes, for sure!
4 (9.3%)
Not at all.
23 (53.5%)
Should be changed.
14 (32.6%)
I don't care.
2 (4.7%)
I don't know.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Evolve Air

• Airline Operative
  • [W850] ID:30400 EVOLVE AIR
    • View Profile
Multiple frequency madness
Hi all. Recently there is a trend of using multiple frequency. There are 2 kinds of people (mis)using it. See what applies to you:

1. Out of Ignorance: "Newbies" (also some older players) don't know what happens when applied. I can tell you: you are not growing as fast as you could as you making much less profit, let say 30-70% less. Not very productive way to go. Better to find new routes then to be lazy :) As purpose of game is to be succesful and grow - hey it can be your goal too :)

2. By purpose - driven by feelings - anger, revenge, pride: Well, AM is game. If you use such attitude in a innocent game, I wonder then what happens in your real life. Are you happy? I can tell you: no way ...

Here is an example:
Airline1   McDonnell Douglas MD-90-30   5.5    €20
Airline1   Fokker 100   6.5    €20
Airline 2 Airbus A330-300   2    €45
Airline 1 McDonnell Douglas MD-90-30   1    €20
Airline 3 Airbus A330-300   1.5    €50

Here I must say that Airline 1 wanted to show protest of war that Airline 2 and 3 are playing all acros the globe. Both have enough money and are bored it seems. As it is not profitable. It only gives some kind of satisfaction. But no happines ... :)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 03:10:21 am by Evolve Air »

Severnaya

• Airline Operative
  • The truth is more important than the facts.
    • View Profile
Sure multifrequency should not be dropped. After all it's a game and everybody may do as he like (within the game rules).

If you don't like that on some route people are using freq=9, then compete with them; or leave the route. Nobody forces you to fly certain routes.

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Another reason people use multifrequencies is to try an emulate real airlines. While it is more profitable to only use one frequency, it is not realistic.

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
It all depends on the routes and the number of competitors on that route...

If its an intra-city flight (say.. Gatwick - Heathrow), well, I think most of the players will have multi-freq flights just to max out the time left in the plane...

If its an inter-city flight (e.g. Chicago - New York), then it should really be banned

However, I think it should be remained as an option in private world, as the owner may want his world to be as close to RL as possible.

"thinking if this should be moved to suggestion... but probably wont be implemented anyway...."

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
If you don't like that on some route people are using freq=9, then compete with them; or leave the route. Nobody forces you to fly certain routes.

+100000000000000

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Evolve Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
@CHR

"Another reason people use multifrequencies is to try an emulate real airlines. While it is more profitable to only use one frequency, it is not realistic."
Yes, economical model of multiple frequency can be improved here I think. Multiple frequency could be done as well with adding another flight with frequency 1 ...

Evolve Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
"If you don't like that on some route people are using freq=9, then compete with them; or leave the route. Nobody forces you to fly certain routes."

This is why this world does not function as it has potential. And AM is perfect mirror  :D

Times of brute force winning are over. Just wait and see ...

rayD23

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
It depends on your strategy, if you want to get into that kind of routes and if you can survive then jump in! If the competition is getting unhealthy then close it, or service it with a smaller plane.

kcclieou

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
It all depends on the routes and the number of competitors on that route...

If its an intra-city flight (say.. Gatwick - Heathrow), well, I think most of the players will have multi-freq flights just to max out the time left in the plane...

If its an inter-city flight (e.g. Chicago - New York), then it should really be banned

However, I think it should be remained as an option in private world, as the owner may want his world to be as close to RL as possible.

"thinking if this should be moved to suggestion... but probably wont be implemented anyway...."

Well, I think that intra-city flights should be banned (or at least strongly discouraged by means of tuning the profitability formula) in the first place... These unrealistic flights have become a way for airlines to earn money easily, at least at the beginning of the game.

But then, multi-frequency flights can be profitable (despite not being optimal) when done in the right manner. I would also propose that as in real life, flights between major airports should somewhat benefit from multi-frequencies - at least, an airline flying a 150-seater twice daily should be able to charge a higher fare than another airline flying a 300-seater on the same route daily.
W506 - Ivy League Airways - Your Choice for Academic Travel
W737 - Delta Air Lines - One Great Airline, Together in Style
W1162 - Southwest Airlines - A Symbol of Freedom
W1481 - United Airlines - It's Time to Fly

jghastings

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Multiple frequencies really annoy me (I have newbie airlines setting them up all over the place at two of my bases), but mainly because they totally mess up my OCD-esque 'must have 100% loadfactor' work.

I don't really see how banning them can be justified.  The game players are free to make these 'bad' decisions if they choose, and while the financial penalties are perhaps not significant enough for doing so, it does at least make it more interesting.
ID: 8330

pck

• Airline Supervisor
  • Apportez-moi partout!
    • View Profile
ok. i cannot deny that multi-frequency is more annoying than my sister. Noobs are trying to fly routes with multi-frequency with their Let 420s in W799. FAIL. All i do is stuff my A319 on that route. Yay for A319. Thus, i have a must-100% loadfactor, like jghastings.

BUT, that does not mean we have the rights to not let them do their imaginary airline. Airline Mogul is for creativity, isn't it? It's like saying, you are only allowed to go to the shops once a day. Really, is that democratic?  ???

anyway, LEAVE MY INTRA-CITY FLIGHTS ALONE!!!!! <------ Point made
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 04:43:37 pm by pck »

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
ok. i cannot deny that multi-frequency is more annoying than my sister. Noobs are trying to fly routes with multi-frequency with their Let 420s in W799. FAIL. All i do is stuff my A319 on that route. Yay for A319. Thus, i have a must-100% loadfactor, like jghastings.

BUT, that does not mean we have the rights to not let them do their imaginary airline. Airline Mogul is for creativity, isn't it? It's like saying, you are only allowed to go to the shops once a day. Really, is that democratic?  ???

anyway, LEAVE MY INTRA-CITY FLIGHTS ALONE!!!!! <------ Point made

That's right.  Although it can be annoying, Airline Mogul is designed to let people run their own airlines and some people want to make their airlines more realistic by running multiple frequencies.  We can't limit the amount of flights a person is allowed between two airports especially routes like Chicago to New York.  JetBlue just for one example runs the Chicago New York route on average 5 times a day.  You just can't limit the number of times someone wants to run a route.
Bryce Rea

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
No, I want the multi frequency to stay!!!. It is more realistic, and further more, if there are so much competition on a route and most are flying 1 frequency, I change the frequency to 2 and I make some profit. I also go with (MOST OF THE TIME) 2 frequencies on very good and good routes, cause they give more money. Sometimes, i change frequencies just to finish my airplanes time because Jet Canada Express, my airline in Private World#1170, is a VERY BIGGG AIRLINE with about a hundred planes inactive. I also play on Private World # 1577 with the same airline name.
Sincerely, Mastafa

oddward

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
should stay as it makes it both more realistic and can make u more money if u are using small aircraft for example a bombardier CRJ100LR will make more profit operating the route twice or may thrice daily

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
can make u more money if u are using small aircraft for example a bombardier CRJ100LR will make more profit operating the route twice or may thrice daily

It won't.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk