Airline Mogul Forum

Test of time world - NEED PLAYERS Needs creating, idea discussion thread

Bobandirus

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
I had an idea.

Ever since the start of Private worlds, I have always had an idea to have a test of time world. By this I mean a world that starts right at the start of time, as far as the game is concerned, and continues as far as the game allowes, Hence the test of time name.

However, I then had A levels to contend with, and ran away to do them. Now I dont have them anymore, and want to get this idea on the road. So, on with the rules/ideas/game play methords for the world:

General
-Full world, every continent
-8 Spots for players, one per continent, exept Antartica, as there are only about 3 airports there
-Start year at 1919
-Runs for the longest time it can

Bases
-Unlimited bases on own continent
-14 Bases outside of your continent, 2 per other contient.

Start situation
-Start 1919
-4 Gates (Changed see below)
-2 F60 Goliaths
-Starting cash 500,000
-Password released on world start
-8 players
-Name of world 'Test of time'

Rules
-Your 14 out of continent bases MUST be 2 per continent. This is to allow bigger growth, but even growth.
-You are only alowed to open bases on another continent if you can reach that continent from an airport on your own contient, with an airplane in production at the time.
-More if I think of any

Cost
-Total world cost is currently 613 tokens. This cost is liable to change if settings change.
-Hence, each player will need to donate 77 tokens to me, so I can set up the world. This is rounded up, and will always be. This is also liable to change if settings change.

Costs have changed, see Below

Gameplay
-This is a fun world, not ment for competition, but ment for seeing how well you can do, so NO fights, keep $1 trip price flights to you and your competition if you must enter into them.
-Grow as fast or as slow as you like, and play as you want.
-If, when the game is started, you find someone not playing fair or nice, or you have an issue with them, PM me, and I will look into it.
-You must play by the rules, and play fair, as I reserve the right to kick you off the world without warning, but I will try and remember to tell you why I did it (yay I feel like God :P).

I will be more willing to open this world to people who are longer time players of this game, as I feel that they will be more likly to play as I mean for this world to be played. No offence to newbs, but thats how it goes. However, if this world gets a lot of want to play, then newbs can que up as reserve players, incase of people getting removed from the world.

Now...

Discuss!

I want input for rules, gameplay, etc, and spelling/grammer checks if you must...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 11:11:42 am by Bobandirus »

Bobandirus

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 10:38:55 am
Curreent changes, unless players want otherwise

-I fund 200 tokens, so its a 60 token donation, and 30 to enter. Also, starting gates reduced to 2.
-Starting gates reduced to 2

Possible changes (still can happen)

Cost
-I pay 200 tokens (as high as I can go) Leaving a creation cost of 60 Tokens per player, and 30 tokens to enter
-I open the world up to 11 Players, and everthing else remains, reducing the creation cost to 56 tokens, and 30 tokens to enter
-I open the world up to 11 players, and play 200 tokens, everything else remains, reducing the creation cost to 42 tokens, and 30 tokens to enter.

Prefer some changes ideas more than other ideas

More Probable changes

Starting gates
-Reduce the number of starting gates to 2, reducing the total creation cost to 612 tokens, 200 of which I will fund, the rest to be spread evenly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone happy with the rules? And the Cost? If so, put your name down after this.

If wanted, I am happy to open up to someone wanting antartica.

Current Players and prefered starting contenent.
Me-Europe
Japanair- North America or Europe if second spots open up
Maljjin-Middle east or Asia prefered
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 11:06:44 am by Bobandirus »

BINDU

• Airline Mogul Admins
  • Airline Operative
  • Airline Mogul Data Officer (Airports)
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 01:16:45 pm
I'd like to join, but  don't have paid tokens... :'(

maljjin

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 03:31:54 pm
It sounds like an interesting project even though the token cost is heavy. That's about 100 tokens per player (77 for the game creation, 30 to get in). How about allowing a few more people to lower that cost ?  Maybe allow a second airline in North America, Europe and Asia. Right there, it would lower the creation cost per player to 56. I'd also suggest a minor change to the foreign base rules. Only reaching the other continent might be a little easy sometimes. Let's say I put my first base in Los Angeles, my first flight could easily go to Mexico which is in Central America (well for the purpose of the game anyway). I'm not sure how to handle it to be honest. Anyway, I'd be interested in this project.

Japanair

• Airline Operative
  • :D
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 06:43:45 pm
I would also love to join this world...
+ I will have enough paid tokens to pay the fee to get in.

I also think the fee is a bit high for people around here. I suggest that you decrease the costs for the other players and increase your costs because, well, it's your world.... :lol: Otherwise, pretty much everything else is ok to me.

Floridair - W2169
Nordica - W2393
ID: 1945
A proud member of the WorldAir Alliance
GO CANUCKS GO!

Bobandirus

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 07:10:19 pm
Ill have a fiddle with the cost after dinner and a few other things I need to do, should be able to get back to you about that at 20:00-21:00 GMT ok? Adding the second airlines is a good idea, as is the minor shifting in cost. If it ends out like that I want London airports (maby not including Gatwick to allow competition), the other player can base wherever they want. May need more discussion

Haveing thought about the LA thing, and the only real reision that I put that rule in there is to prevent people who are in Asia starting a Base in New York, if the airline there has not put a base there. This is basically for realism, to an extent, as you wouldnt put a base where you couldnt reach, and also, to allow the game to run more how I would like.

Bobandirus

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 08:35:00 pm
Modifications in 2nd post, and will always be there

Japanair

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 11:24:41 pm
-4 Gates

You could always reduce the number of starting gates to two gates only, as that may slightly decrease the amount of tokens we need to pay-this could benefit for you and the players.

Also, I have decided to join this world as soon as it will be created...

Floridair - W2169
Nordica - W2393
GO CANUCKS GO!

maljjin

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 11:51:25 pm
Yeah reducing to two starting gates could reduce the token costs. It's unlikely we'll use more than two at the beginning.

I'm open to play in any parts of the world by the way. Small preference to Middle East or Asia, but I could start anywhere really.

Bobandirus

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 09:52:35 am
Good point with the gates, dont know why I started it at 4, will drop that down to two definatly.

EDIT- Unfortunatly it only reduces the total cost by 1 token!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 10:01:13 am by Bobandirus »

Japanair

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 05:30:31 pm
Good point with the gates, dont know why I started it at 4, will drop that down to two definatly.

EDIT- Unfortunatly it only reduces the total cost by 1 token!

Well its better than nothing! :P

Floridair - W2169
Nordica - W2393
GO CANUCKS GO!

Bobandirus

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 06:19:26 pm
Ok, current changes are that I fund 200 tokens, so its a 60 token donation, and 30 to enter. Also, starting gates reduced to 2.

Everyone happy with the rules? And the Cost? If so, put your name down after this.

If wanted, I am happy to open up to someone wanting antartica.

Current Players and prefered starting contenent.
Me-Europe
Japanair-
Maljjin-Middle east or Asia prefered
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 06:24:24 pm by Bobandirus »

Japanair

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 06:30:45 pm
Europe... :D

haha... I made it full in less than 20 minutes...

Floridair - W2169
Nordica - W2393
GO CANUCKS GO!

Bobandirus

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 07:28:45 pm
Unless the rules change to make it 2 in N.America, Europe, and Asia, thats taken by me, sorry

Japanair

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 15, 2009, 02:46:05 am
Alright, I'll take North America then... But still, if you change it to 2, the 2nd spot in Europe is mine... :D

Floridair - W2169
Nordica - W2393
GO CANUCKS GO!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk