Airline Mogul Forum

Changes to Private World Administration - Airline Cash

kcf1995

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: July 07, 2009, 02:57:16 am
Personally,I really HATE this change! >:(,We are playing with private world because of the cash!In public world 500K is simply too less!I am a broker in my private world,I got lots of planes,but I cannot sold them out so quick,I am now € -19,088,093,348,What should I do now?reset it?start a new world?or ban all players and make them not playing,my world got 38 people already!!!I used it for 300+ tokens!!!IHow can a private world become this???I cannot buy planes now,I cannot rent 2 gates,I cannot buy more gates at my world,I cannot earn money,even I scrap all my plane,I cannot earn the money € -19,088,093,348!what can I do now.
Private world=public world!!!
then why we have to use up our tokens to make a private world but not just pay 30 tokens for a public world world,because of airline cash!!!We cannot be a Big broker in public world but we can do it at private world!because we can use the cash mode to make money!!!Being a Broker is fun too!!!
I would like to ask have u ever heard about player 'praise' the admin for adding them money and make them develop more faster or sell plane at 50% of value?no!but just recieving complants on decreasing money!!!
Last question,Why don't just cancel this function to the admin making the user disappear money???but all!!!
So I urge u that make this function to the admin(the good one) again!

kcf1995

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: July 07, 2009, 03:01:44 am
+I think some of the game admin add themselves money in the public world!Why can't we do it in the private world?
It's NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

*Comment by dktc: this is an unfair accusation. This is an official warning. You will be banned if you accuse us like this again.*
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 03:12:50 am by dktc »

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: July 07, 2009, 03:30:20 am
Well... I do see several points here needed to be address.

First, no admin would add money to their own account, or any others' account in a public world, except for refunds due to system errors or bugs. Any admin adding money to his own account WILL be penalized, in addition to losing his admin status.

Second, if you can't make money in a world, regardless of public or private, that means your business model is not suitable for this game. If you need constant cash boosts to support your airline/brokerage, that means there is something fundamentally wrong in the way your airline/brokerage is operating; you are making a loss. Of course, "making" money while having a loss would be fun, but unfortunately, that should not be how it happens.

Third, we are revising the broker system, and we are considering the world broker function for private worlds, which might address your needs, kcf1995.

Pilotguy121a actually has a very good point when he said that 200M start cash would cost a lot more tokens. In that case, is it fair for you to bypass that payment of tokens, and change the cash afterwards? That in itself is an abuse of the system.

We had been kind, maybe too kind, to give that option to you all in the first place. We wanted you all to enjoy. We are not the ones that have taken that function away from you. Those who abused the system did so. We have to make a decision due to the complaints, and unfortunately, there are only two options for us to choose from, and so something has to go. Do we want it to go? Not really. However, we don't have a choice.

I want to stress one thing, is that you have options, as pseudoswede has pointed out.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 03:33:09 am by dktc »
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: July 07, 2009, 03:44:33 am
+I think some of the game admin add themselves money in the public world!Why can't we do it in the private world?
It's NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Every account edit performed by an admin is emailed to me, email me your evidence directly and I will cross check it against my personal logs.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

pck

• Airline Supervisor
  • Apportez-moi partout!
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: July 07, 2009, 07:40:04 am
Ok, this is my first time that I am replying to an argument against the Airline Mogul System, proudly operated by the AMDF.

Personally,I really HATE this change!
There is nothing that pleases all people.

We are playing with private world because of the cash!In public world 500K is simply too less!I am a broker in my private world
500K? That was the norm 2 years back in AM. Imagine 2 years back. There was only one world, everyone had 500K to start off with and a cra*py aircraft (except once we got BAE 146 :D), and from then on, your airline would either succeed heroically, or fail miserably. And according to my memory, airlines back then had larger airline values then those "Huge" airlines nowadays. So how did they succeed? Did they inject money into their airlines? NO! They start with 500K and a cra*py aircraft, even the brokers did. SO, if we could do it 2 years ago, why not 2 years later? Mind you, the competition was very high back then.

I got lots of planes,but I cannot sold them out so quick,I am now € -19,088,093,348,What should I do now?reset it?start a new world?or ban all players and make them not playing,my world got 38 people already!!!
Change your business model. It is probably unsuitable for AM. Or maybe don't mass-buy, but wait for requests/orders. Or not, reset, but you saying "banning all players" was obviously a mild threat.

I used it for 300+ tokens!!!
300+ tokens was spent on you starting cash/aircraft, location of the world, etc., but not of abusing the Airline Mogul System.

How can a private world become this???I cannot buy planes now,I cannot rent 2 gates,I cannot buy more gates at my world,I cannot earn money,even I scrap all my plane,I cannot earn the money € -19,088,093,348!what can I do now.
You said you had lots of planes lying around because its not selling fast, so you can use that. Or heavily advertise your plane for sale. Or just simply reset.

Nuh-uh. Nup. No. It simply isn't. In private world, you get to choose starting cash/aircraft, etc. If your admin, you can even kick people. But in Public world, its different. The computer generates it all, unlike private world. And these are usually lower than average private world. Also, public world is a lot more competitive.

then why we have to use up our tokens to make a private world but not just pay 30 tokens for a public world world,because of airline cash!!!We cannot be a Big broker in public world but we can do it at private world!because we can use the cash mode to make money!!!Being a Broker is fun too!!!
Hmmmm... you have quite a corrupted mind. If you actually ran your business properly, you will earn something called "Cash" through something called "Daily Operating Controbuitions", instead of something called "The corrupted way to earn money". Also in private world, it is less competitive, therefore you probably will earn more money that public world. And who said you can't be a big broker in public world? I've done it once, and I'm doing it again in W730 (named Rebellion Against Official Brokers, just for abit of a laugh :D). And yes, being a broker is fun!

I would like to ask have u ever heard about player 'praise' the admin for adding them money and make them develop more faster or sell plane at 50% of value?no!but just recieving complants on decreasing money!!!
I don't get this part. Next!

Last question,Why don't just cancel this function to the admin making the user disappear money???but all!!!
It sounds like an easy thing to do, but who would bother to do all that coding? Also, if there was a "bank", how are the airlines going to return their money??

All admins are relatively nice, except for Danzilla :p Joking

All this came from a relatively experienced player (been playing AM for 2 years out of 4 years, probably longer than someone's 2 months or 2 days). I saw how AM changed and such, so my statements are quite reliable. Right, peoples? :D
Please correct me if you wish to.

kcf1995

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: July 07, 2009, 05:46:48 pm
reply to dktc:last time I really see an airline called D-Express in
Public world 3 got no routes but alot of money+some big planes and have a high rank,maybe he is a good broker and because he is an admin that make me think he add money himself...
yes I can just reset my arline but I got 467 routes now I used a lot of time to set up these routes or can u make a update for the game for scraping planes that I can scrap it more quickly.
I cannot said that I am a broker,but a plane seller,I sell it to my player for 60%

why don't u just cancel this function to the admin that make player's money disappear???Some of the World admin is very kind too(opinion)
what can I do now???,reply me soon!!!Help!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 05:51:56 pm by kcf1995 »

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: July 07, 2009, 06:06:06 pm
Public world 3 got no routes but alot of money+some big planes and have a high rank,maybe he is a good broker and because he is an admin that make me think he add money himself...
yes I can just reset my arline but I got 467 routes now I used a lot of time to set up these routes or can u make a update for the game for scraping planes that I can scrap it more quickly.
I cannot said that I am a broker,but a plane seller,I sell it to my player for 60%

why don't u just cancel this function to the admin that make player's money disappear???Some of the World admin is very kind too(opinion)
Re: the first line: That's just called playing well. All brokers have been operating routes to start up, building up airline value and making a side profit by trading aircraft. As soon as we had enough money to be full-time broker, we just cancelled all of our routes and made money (EARNED money, not ADDED TO ACCOUNT money) selling and leasing out aircraft using a financially sound business strategy that, yes it's possible, didn't cause us to get negative funds.
Re: what you can do: Get a strategy that works for you, and doesn't cause you to lose more money than you make. Easy enough. It's business.
Re: why don't we cancel the function for naughty admins only: Simple. As we've stressed over and over again, the bad guys ruined it for the good guys. Too bad, that's life, you'll have to deal with it. It happens all the time. We cannot identify all "bad" world admins, not even if people tell us money mysteriously went missing from their accounts, because that doesn't prove anything really.
Also, money editing offered a way to essentially abuse the AM Private World Creation system, as people including yourself have done, and avoid having to deal with basic economic principles like how it's not possible to magically add money, that didn't exist before, to your bank account.

kcf1995

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: July 07, 2009, 06:12:55 pm
reply to pck
Quote:There is nothing that pleases all people.
is my opinion
Quote:In public world 500K is simply too less!I am a broker in my private world500K? That was the norm 2 years back in AM. Imagine 2 years back. There was only one world, everyone had 500K to start off with and a cra*py aircraft (except once we got BAE 146 ), and from then on, your airline would either succeed heroically, or fail miserably. And according to my memory, airlines back then had larger airline values then those "Huge" airlines nowadays. So how did they succeed? Did they inject money into their airlines? NO! They start with 500K and a cra*py aircraft, even the brokers did. SO, if we could do it 2 years ago, why not 2 years later? Mind you, the competition was very high back then.
In private world,we have less competition and it's good!
Quote:Change your business model. It is probably unsuitable for AM. Or maybe don't mass-buy, but wait for requests/orders. Or not, reset, but you saying "banning all players" was obviously a mild threat.
I cannot mass sell that the other players will not buy them because the are 300+ small planes and no one is buying them,so I am erging the admins to make a mass scrap function
Quote:I used it for 300+ tokens!!!
that mean I used a lot of time to save up tokens
Quote:You said you had lots of planes lying around because its not selling fast, so you can use that. Or heavily advertise your plane for sale. Or just simply reset.
that mean I canot rent more gates in my base so I cannot use them,I set up already 463 routes!!!I set up them for a long time already
Quote:Hmmmm... you have quite a corrupted mind. If you actually ran your business properly, you will earn something called "Cash" through something called "Daily Operating Controbuitions", instead of something called "The corrupted way to earn money". Also in private world, it is less competitive, therefore you probably will earn more money that public world. And who said you can't be a big broker in public world? I've done it once, and I'm doing it again in W730 (named Rebellion Against Official Brokers, just for abit of a laugh ). And yes, being a broker is fun!
I really run it a bit corruptly,cause I play in public world before!I cannot wait to buy planes immediately after opening the world!!!so I run corruptly...but for fairness,I alway add my players money!
Quote:sorry for my bad english...I mean I always add money to the player and they like this great admin that they also like him cause he sell aircraft for 50% value
Quote:It sounds like an easy thing to do, but who would bother to do all that coding? Also, if there was a "bank", how are the airlines going to return their money??
I don't really get it...tell me again
Quote:All admins are relatively nice, except for Danzilla :p Joking

All this came from a relatively experienced player (been playing AM for 2 years out of 4 years, probably longer than someone's 2 months or 2 days). I saw how AM changed and such, so my statements are quite reliable. Right, peoples?
I mean the private world admin but not the game admin.I am here for nearly5 years already!

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: July 07, 2009, 06:48:11 pm
Then is it any wonder why your brokerage business model failed so miserably? Zero competition means everyone is making money like crazy. They have ZERO need for a broker nor for small, used aircraft. As most people who have played private worlds realize: zero competition means zero fun.

I cannot mass sell that the other players will not buy them because the are 300+ small planes and no one is buying them,so I am erging the admins to make a mass scrap function
See above.

I really run it a bit corruptly,cause I play in public world before!I cannot wait to buy planes immediately after opening the world!!!so I run corruptly...but for fairness,I alway add my players money!

I mean the private world admin but not the game admin.I am here for nearly5 years already!

I retract my statement previously here.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 07:08:13 pm by pseudoswede »

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: July 07, 2009, 07:00:18 pm
He'd be here for longer than me if it really was 5 years.  8)
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: July 07, 2009, 07:02:24 pm

Well... thank you for accusing me. I would take it as a compliment that I have achieved the impossible (by your standard). :P

*Edited by MrO - Advertising outside Brokerage thread, as I told you*

As MrOrange has pointed out, all official brokers start with running an airline. Whether we would close out routes in a world depends on a number of factors, but mainly, whether we could sustain ourselves without the airline. *Edited by MrO - Advertising outside Brokerage thread*

Now, even though that has established the basis of brokers being able to survive without an airline, and without having to add cash through any admin tools, that is enough of DEX's history. To prove that I have not cheated, the following is my financial record in W3...

In red is my revenue (debit in), with a total of 18943585776
In green is my costs (credit out), with a total of 25371353451
resulting in a net loss of 6427767675, which has a difference of 45326 from the net loss on my book, in blue.

As we all know, the financial page in AM is not perfect. The two side of the balance don't add up to be exactly the same, because some costs are missing from the logs.
*Edited by MrO - Advertising outside Brokerage thread. Second, please note not all transactions on brokering have been listed in this log, simply because they were forgotten until we noticed the lack of them.*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now moving on, AirlineMogul celebrated our 3rd birthday Dec 23, 2008. It is now Jul 7, 2009, meaning that the game is at 3.5 years old, roughly.

Quote from: kcf1995

How come you have been here for 5 years? Is there something that we should be aware of, like a fake site pretending to be us?

Quote from: dktc
Pilotguy121a actually has a very good point when he said that 200M start cash would cost a lot more tokens. In that case, is it fair for you to bypass that payment of tokens, and change the cash afterwards? That in itself is an abuse of the system.

As I have pointed out, regardless of kind or unkind, that is still an abyse of the system. And once again, I would like to thank Pilotguy121a for pointing that out, since that was not really our focus when making this decision.

With all that said, my advice to you would be to get your fact straight before posting another post. Also, if you could kindly learn how to quote others, that would make your post a little bit more readable.

We are open for suggestions, but those suggestions have to be feasible.

Sorry for the long post.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 07:38:01 pm by MrOrange »
D Express (id 616) 8)

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: July 07, 2009, 07:03:05 pm
He'd be here for longer than me if it really was 5 years.  8)

:lol:

This smiley does not accurately represent my emotions after reading that, but it's the closest I could get

Oh, and, actually, D, might want to check your marketing expenses in World 3. I'm sure you'll see a familiar number coming up there. (That number being the number €45.326, which is your marketing expenses which makes your finances actually, erm, dead-on.)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 07:05:23 pm by MrOrange »

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: July 07, 2009, 07:12:09 pm
Indeed, MrOrange
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 07:34:45 pm by dktc »
D Express (id 616) 8)

pilotguy121a

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: July 08, 2009, 01:44:37 am
well i'm certainly getting called on for being a new member eh? well i believe you took my post out of context. What i was trying to get out of the post i made in the other thread was that 500K is really not enough, hence me offering the bonuses. I read that a FEW have done that, i doubt that, I'm probably the only one ( i know one other but will not disclose his/her name). Why i did it, well because 500K is a VERY low amount. is it impossible, no. did i live with it on my first game(1m starting), yes. would i like to do it again, no, but i guess we are forced to. i'm not attacking the way AM works or how their staff handles things, i applaud them. the first PW i created i used the feature to give money to myself because i figured no one but a few friends would join, after some people who i did not know joined i stopped. sure i messed with my friend's account but we are friends and all, the money also went back. even when i started my most recent world i gave the 200m bonus, that was all though.

anyway, all i'm suggesting is that AM move up the default starting cash to 50million-100million. Since this would be the new default it would have to match exactly with the cost of world now, around 180 tokens for the world i just created(6 year, 5-erj170lr).  then maybe instead of entering an amount users can select (from a drop down menu) increments of 10million with say 5 tokens for each additional 10million starting cash. Personally i think this is the better thing that having a edit money option. it is a game and all so IMO this whole issue was completely silly, i mean none of us own real airlines so really just enjoy the game as it is fun and addicting.

pck

• Airline Supervisor
  • Apportez-moi partout!
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: July 08, 2009, 06:30:18 am
Well... here we go again :D

Personally,I really HATE this change!
There is nothing that pleases all people.
Fair enough.

In public world 500K is simply too less!I am a broker in my private world500K?
That was the norm 2 years back in AM. Imagine 2 years back. There was only one world, everyone had 500K to start off with and a cra*py aircraft (except once we got BAE 146 ), and from then on, your airline would either succeed heroically, or fail miserably. And according to my memory, airlines back then had larger airline values then those "Huge" airlines nowadays. So how did they succeed? Did they inject money into their airlines? NO! They start with 500K and a cra*py aircraft, even the brokers did. SO, if we could do it 2 years ago, why not 2 years later? Mind you, the competition was very high back then.
Less Competition = Less Customers = Less Income = FAIL!

I got lots of planes,but I cannot sold them out so quick,I am now € -19,088,093,348,What should I do now?reset it?start a new world?or ban all players and make them not playing,my world got 38 people already!!!
Change your business model. It is probably unsuitable for AM. Or maybe don't mass-buy, but wait for requests/orders. Or not, reset, but you saying "banning all players" was obviously a mild threat.
Scrap them. Scrap them one by one. That's what I did.

I used it for 300+ tokens!!!
300+ tokens was spent on you starting cash/aircraft, location of the world, etc., but not of abusing the Airline Mogul System.
that mean I used a lot of time to save up tokens
As I said, you saved up your tokens and used it to build a world that you get to choose the starting aircraft/money, location of the world, world length, etc., but no abusing the Airline Mogul System. You save up your tokens to do something legal >.<

How can a private world become this???I cannot buy planes now,I cannot rent 2 gates,I cannot buy more gates at my world,I cannot earn money,even I scrap all my plane,I cannot earn the money € -19,088,093,348!what can I do now.
You said you had lots of planes lying around because its not selling fast, so you can use that. Or heavily advertise your plane for sale. Or just simply reset.
that mean I canot rent more gates in my base so I cannot use them,I set up already 463 routes!!!I set up them for a long time already

yes I can just reset my arline but I got 467 routes now
This is what I find highly contradicting  8) 467 is not really the same as 463 :D
Otherwise, use the strategies Rens (MrOrange) gave you.

Nuh-uh. Nup. No. It simply isn't. In private world, you get to choose starting cash/aircraft, etc. If your admin, you can even kick people. But in Public world, its different. The computer generates it all, unlike private world. And these are usually lower than average private world. Also, public world is a lot more competitive.
I see you decide to ignore this 8)

Hmmmm... you have quite a corrupted mind. If you actually ran your business properly, you will earn something called "Cash" through something called "Daily Operating Controbuitions", instead of something called "The corrupted way to earn money". Also in private world, it is less competitive, therefore you probably will earn more money that public world. And who said you can't be a big broker in public world? I've done it once, and I'm doing it again in W730 (named Rebellion Against Official Brokers, just for abit of a laugh ). And yes, being a broker is fun!
Now, thats no excuse, Mr. - Well, thats how life runs. You don't expect things to go smooth and steady within a day. Corruption has no excuse. Adding money to your players make them a conspiracy.
Here are two useful idioms for you:
Patience is the key to everything.
Rome was not built in one day.

And in my opinion, public worlds are more fun.

I don't get this part. Next!
Sorry for my bad english...I mean I always add money to the player and they like this great admin that they also like him cause he sell aircraft for 50% value
ahh, i see what you are talking about... see previous post

It sounds like an easy thing to do, but who would bother to do all that coding? Also, if there was a "bank", how are the airlines going to return their money??
I don't really get it...tell me again
Coding: Making a website work is not just magic. It doesn't work by Stephen saying "Abra Kadabra Alakazam" and ta-daa! A function that you want. There is coding behind it. Well... thats what i was taught anyway. Maybe la-la-land doesn't teach it that way.

All admins are relatively nice, except for Danzilla :p Joking
Yes... that was random :D

All this came from a relatively experienced player (been playing AM for 2 years out of 4 years, probably longer than someone's 2 months or 2 days). I saw how AM changed and such, so my statements are quite reliable. Right, peoples?
I was talking about the private world admin >.< - And Mr. Kcf1995, I see that you have played longer than the founder of AirlineMogul, Mr Stephen Murphy. Maybe you were the original coder? The original founder? Maybe Stephen robbed your title? Hmmm... That is only possible in La-La-Land. Next time please check your information before you make such a lie.

Now, on to pilotguy121a:
well i'm certainly getting called on for being a new member eh? well i believe you took my post out of context. What i was trying to get out of the post i made in the other thread was that 500K is really not enough, hence me offering the bonuses. I read that a FEW have done that, i doubt that, I'm probably the only one ( i know one other but will not disclose his/her name). Why i did it, well because 500K is a VERY low amount. is it impossible, no. did i live with it on my first game(1m starting), yes. would i like to do it again, no, but i guess we are forced to. i'm not attacking the way AM works or how their staff handles things, i applaud them. the first PW i created i used the feature to give money to myself because i figured no one but a few friends would join, after some people who i did not know joined i stopped. sure i messed with my friend's account but we are friends and all, the money also went back. even when i started my most recent world i gave the 200m bonus, that was all though.

anyway, all i'm suggesting is that AM move up the default starting cash to 50million-100million. Since this would be the new default it would have to match exactly with the cost of world now, around 180 tokens for the world i just created(6 year, 5-erj170lr).  then maybe instead of entering an amount users can select (from a drop down menu) increments of 10million with say 5 tokens for each additional 10million starting cash. Personally i think this is the better thing that having a edit money option. it is a game and all so IMO this whole issue was completely silly, i mean none of us own real airlines so really just enjoy the game as it is fun and addicting.

You do make several good points here, and probably is the most sensible post here already. but, 50mil-100mil is far-by too much. Do you see a new airline start off with a new Boeing 747 ordered straight from Boeing?  :-\  But, well done! You defeated me in parts of this debate :D

Well, thank you for reading my long post (if you bothered to even read it), now lets get on with life. :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk