Airline Mogul Forum

Load Factor

vc-10

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: December 30, 2006, 10:39:06 pm
My route from London Heathrow to Frankfurt is at a LF of 8% but giving me a 18,000 euro profit....and when I try to change it it comes up with a whole load of coding..
ly British World Airlines

EXTspotter

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 12:57:28 am
Maybe because it is already being served with huge overcapacity and you don't realise that when you have overcapaity and then add a load more capacity, you all get rubbish load factors. the codeing is getting taken out, just a reccuring bug, but it doesn't matter. if I was you, starting your hub at LHR is a bad idea as about 6 airlines have hubs there. Many are in the top 10 and can inadvertantly crush your airline. I would suggest moving hubs to another place with more capacity where you can make more money. Yes, I have a hub in LHR, but I have more than 20 737s to throw at every route.

I know this may seem a bit unfair, but believe me, to do well in this game, you have to find a niche and exploit it. For me that was Exeter because there were no people flying there when I started as well as it being my home airport. LHR was my second hub, later on in the game when you are in a stronger financial position, this may be a good idea for you as well, but until then, you may be better off elsewhere.

Alex @ EXT
ho said aviation sites were sexist?

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 11:22:43 am
Quote from: "vc-10"
My route from London Heathrow to Frankfurt is at a LF of 8% but giving me a 18,000 euro profit....and when I try to change it it comes up with a whole load of coding..

Yeah my bad on the unprofessional look, I origionally closed login while working on it and when it looked like I couldn't continue working on it I re-opened login. Since then I haven't gotten back to it. I did start on Thursday the work on a new version of it but I had to go to Dublin for the weekend so its still sitting pretty!
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

vc-10

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 07:09:13 pm
good to know that you are doing something about it!
LHR is my home airport, which is why I chose it.
ly British World Airlines

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk