Airline Mogul Forum

Connecting HUBs

scubaanddreams

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: April 04, 2009, 07:59:15 am
Sorry I am new--I am guessing this has been discussed befvore but my search skills are that of a padawan...not a jedi knight.

Could someone explain to me the benefit of connecting HUB A to HUB B via a flight/route.

Thanks

peterkirby

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • NetWorld Alliance
Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 08:12:27 am
A - strategy A is to treat it as like any other route made for profit

B - strategy B is to open 25 gates at each hub and run some multi freqs or .5's between them, excessively, so as to secure those rented slots for later use or trading

C - there is no C! there are, incredibly, no network benefits of giving a good pipeline between two large bases fed regionally
Airline 23317 (KirbAir / KRB)
Public World 461 and 506
Private World 82, 452, and 503

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 08:22:24 am
There is a part C! Probably the best reason, so that you can use the plane for flights at both hubs (this could also be done via a third airport, i.e. you have a flight from both hubs to another city).

XeniaAirways

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 06:12:57 am
D - to make your airline as realistic as possible.  The whole point of hubs is to cut costs for real life airlines so that passengers can go to many destinations through that hub.  If your hubs aren't connected, that sort of defeats that purpose.  There's little in-game benefit (just being able to use your aircraft in multiple hubs), its just to make it more realistic. :D
Xenia Air Holdings Ltd.

Current worlds:
None.

Past worlds:
Xenia Airways - W9 and W10
Zenith Airlines - PW133
AsiaExpress - PW465
silversky - PW705

ID#14564.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk