Airline Mogul Forum

Gate Search Update

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
on: December 10, 2008, 03:36:08 am
I've made a few changes to gate search, sorry it got muddled in beta testing and life for a bit or it would have been out a few days ago.

Changes:
- Engine rework which (general feedback) seems to be significantly faster then before in most situations.
- Added a requested, new option to premium features.  You can now select to view only airports you serve from X base, only airports you do not yet serve from X base, or a combination of the two utilizing a red/green triangle flag to differentiate.
- Other minor backend updates with hopes of lightening overall server load

Again. No promises of every result being in <.001 seconds, however it should be noticeably quicker.

Air Elbonia (Leave any bug reports in the bug reports section, all other comments please leave here)

*** Do note, I do plan on making distances a text box input, however some load issues near the hours are taking my attention away briefly.  I had not wanted to wait to complete this, as the other results of this update were deserving of a launch ***
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 03:42:42 am by Air Elbonia »
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Sojourner

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 04:45:37 pm
Please be kind to non-premium users. Please reactivate the check-box feature to report the airports that have already been flown, because, in some case, they needed to be handled/replaced by more advanced/efficient planes. It's too difficult to recheck each individual route to find the one that needed to tweak.

skywaker9

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 08:02:17 pm
It is MUCH quicker than it has ever been since I started playing.  Whatever you did worked.

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 11:33:42 pm
Look at the first post: "Posted on: December 10, 2008, 12:36:08 PM", he put the update in last year.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 11:36:03 am
Will has been adding further enhancements to the Gate Search script as well as many others since December.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk