Airline Mogul Forum

Cannot Close Routes

csturdiv

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: February 10, 2009, 11:21:10 pm
I have a little problem.  Somehow I have an aircraft flying routes out of two hubs that do not share cities.  See this link for an example: http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gcmap?PATH=KLAX-KCOS,KLAX-KOAK,KLAX-KSAN,KLAX-KAUS,KABQ-KFLG,KABQ-KTUL,KABQ-KMEM,

I have another aircraft that is based in my ABQ hub that has enough hours for the ABQ flights that are in the aircraft in the screenshot above.  When I tried to close the routes and recreate them with the different aircraft, I get the following error:

Route closure not allowed.
Existing route is the only connection between two or more other routes flown by this plane.

I have not been able to find a way to get around this.

This is in world 350 and the plane affected is 3647 and here is a link to my airline..

Airline Mogul - See my airline

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 11:31:25 pm
Are you trying to close all of the routes at once?

Try closing all routes out of LAX first, then closing all routes out of ABQ second.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 11:31:40 pm
Did you close a connecting route? Lets say flying from KLAX-KCOS, and you were also flying KABQ-KCOS and closed that or something else?

To solve it, use the "Close all Routes" button and re-open them.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

csturdiv

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 02:54:02 am
Thanks for the replies.  I forgot to mention that I was trying to close them one at a time.  I am not sure why I didn't think about it, but closing all of them at once worked and I was able to sort out the mess and make better use of my aircraft.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk