Airline Mogul Forum

Some questions regarding Leasing

Dasha

• Airline Operative
  • The people who cast the votes, decide nothing
    • View Profile
on: December 26, 2008, 01:42:59 pm
I am a little puzzled about a few things.

For example what happens after the lease period. I've made an example to clear some things since Im a woman and can't use my hands on forums :P

Plane A has a value of 20 million, the lease rate is 2 million and the lease period is 12 months.
Obviously you pay 2 million for each month and after 12 months you have paid 24 million. (I assume this is correct so far)

Now what I wonder is what happens after those 12 months. Does the plane get back to it's owner or does the plane become yours?

I'm asking because some very strange rates and periods are out there. For example 1 million a month for 999 months. If the plane becomes yours, this would be a very expensive aircraft.

I hope somebody can explain this to me.

From Russia with love,

Dasha

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 02:38:36 pm
After the lease is over, the aircraft gets returned to the original owner. There is not a "lease-to-own" function (yet); although you can try to negotiate with the original owner via private message to purchase the plane after the lease is over.

The 999 months (or another large number) signifies that the lease is valid for the whole round.

Also note that you are free to return the lease anytime--there is no penalty for returning the leased plane early.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk