Airline Mogul Forum

Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates

killian320

• Airline Operative
  • Killiarney :P
    • View Profile
on: November 05, 2008, 06:55:34 pm

Ever hear of it? You haven't?

Its a suprisingly enjoyable online game, which has over 2 million registered users. If you click the link above, you a referred by me, and you will get 500 poe (Pieces of eight, the in-game currency)

The game is simply built; You do puzzles. Various puzzles complete various tasks e.g, on a pillage on board a ship, you would have Navigating, Sailing, Bilging, Carpentry and Gunning. When you come across another ship and attack it, you will enter Swordfighting (Tetris) or Rumble (Like that game you get with linux)

Then after your long pillage, head to the Inn, where you can have a drink and play some poker, swordfight, trade etc. How to make money? Simple. Join a crew (Mine is "The Killer Kings, but I will be starting my own soon if people want to join :D ) or Open up a shop! You can even purchase your own ships, going from small to unbelievably massive.

What are you waiting for? The party's started at Y!PP.

EXTspotter

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 07:00:42 pm
I used to be a big person on there. I had a crew, a flag, money, black clothes, a sloop, a war brig and a War Frigate and I was ultimate at Swordfighting and Batlle Navigation. It changed and got boring, they ruined it with new features, like all the stupid brigand kings, treasure haul, huge amounts of effort spent on blockades, rather than Pillaging like in the past. Pillaging was the most fun part.

Anyway, when my account was deleted, I had something like 80,000 POE in loose money, and a load more invested in things like ships, and in PP terms, that was quite poor for someone who had got that far.

Also, I kick ass at Swordfighting, at one point, in a Familiar tournament in swordfighting, there was 700 entries and I got to the semi-finals (final 4) and got knocked out by the winner.
ho said aviation sites were sexist?

killian320

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 08:17:56 pm
I used to be a big person on there. I had a crew, a flag, money, black clothes, a sloop, a war brig and a War Frigate and I was ultimate at Swordfighting and Batlle Navigation. It changed and got boring, they ruined it with new features, like all the stupid brigand kings, treasure haul, huge amounts of effort spent on blockades, rather than Pillaging like in the past. Pillaging was the most fun part.

Anyway, when my account was deleted, I had something like 80,000 POE in loose money, and a load more invested in things like ships, and in PP terms, that was quite poor for someone who had got that far.

Also, I kick ass at Swordfighting, at one point, in a Familiar tournament in swordfighting, there was 700 entries and I got to the semi-finals (final 4) and got knocked out by the winner.

I find it quite funny, to be honest. All those puzzles are fun, and its a great teamwork game!

Pavel

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 09:30:09 pm
I heard of it about lets say....1 year ago? I nearly got sucked in to that through a lot of ads they put up back then, but I ignored it. And I still do.
Pavel

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 06:29:24 am
a game i played when iwas 10! :o 8)
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

killian320

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 08:45:07 am
a game i played when iwas 10! :o 8)

Yeah, you could call me a big kid :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk