Airline Mogul Forum

[W10] Beginners strategy question

marcinGDN

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: August 31, 2008, 03:37:38 pm
Hi there!

I have a question: how long does it take to sell a plane?
until somebody else grabs it? I just wanted to get rid of my Antonov as soon I start the game..
What should be the price to get rid of that plane if the book value is almost 4M?

Is 75K OP stisfactionary in the beginning? i pay 750K for gates
anyway I started my airline late in 18 day or something and now I'm in heavy debt..
will have to wait at least 10 hours to be back in black numbers..
that sucks that the leases for gates and planes are not being taken proportionally

bregs, marcin

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 04:21:44 pm
I have a question: how long does it take to sell a plane?
until somebody else grabs it?

Precisely.
If you're selling it cheap, it may go in no time. Or it may take forever if there are no interested buyers.

I just wanted to get rid of my Antonov as soon I start the game..

That is not a very good idea. That plane may not bring in much, but anything is better than nothing. ;)

What should be the price to get rid of that plane if the book value is almost 4M?

At least 4M, or you'll be loosing money (value). But look at what others are asking for. At the start of a world most people will pay good cash for almost any plane. Later on, it's not so easy.

Is 75K OP stisfactionary in the beginning? i pay 750K for gates
Depends on where you started, really. It's not very bad as you make enough to pay gates in just 10 days. Plus a few more days' profits for maintenance and aircraft depreciation, so you end the month (a full month, that is) in the black.

But you should strive to increase that. And for this you'll need more planes. Selling your first one won't help.

Don't worry about beeing in debt for a few days. As long as your monthly profits stay positive, you'll be doing fine.

Hollywood Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 04:21:56 pm
It's on the market until someone decides to buy it.
Usually, you shouldn't try to sell your first Aircraft for a while (and CAN'T, if you only have one).

75k DOP might be good or bad depending on where you're based.
There are different ranges depending on which airport it is.

marcinGDN

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 04:55:54 pm
I started in GDN (EPGD) flying niche routes. my gates are for E50K or 100K each. On other routs there was too much competition.
with my home base my gates cost 1.150K.
I also have a leased J61 for 600K bringing 110K a day.
So I'm making 185K DOP.
I think that the 600K lease for the J61 is fair so I was wondering whether to sell the An and get a few (maybe 3 more J61s)to expand quicker.
covering gate cost and the lease I'm making on the J61 200K a month more.
So I guess my idea was justified..

Tiger In Training

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 07:24:46 pm

Don't let the competition put you off. You may make more on the big routes, try it- if you dear.

Dora

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 09:58:42 pm
GDN doesn't gather you many pax. Go into the competition, it is where you gain your cash from. But of course you need monitoring frequently to ensure the payload.

I recommend you not to get rid of your An-38 in 1-2 years time. Given that your low DOP, you will have to use it for longer period to earn cash for your replacement plan to work. Don't sell it when you don't have enough plane.
Doraemon Airlines (id 849)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk