Airline Mogul Forum

Food Pricing Bug

Cantonese Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: June 24, 2008, 07:29:43 am
The Food Pricing bug seems to have been around for a while. Whenever I want to change my prices (a few game days after last edit), the Misc. Revenue (Daily) on the financing page drops really badly. Mine dropped from 60,000 to 11,000. Then, I try to change the prices again, but it's still the same.

Dooskie III also experiences the same problem (from this thread)

Quote from: "Dooskie III"
Quote from: "TDA"
I now have played with all my prices for food:

Breakfast     €23.60
Lunch     €24.10
Dinner     €23.50
Snack     €23.80
Soft Drink     €23.30
Tea/Coffee  €24.13
Alcohol     €23.10

Yeah, well, I had my alcohol at $10, decided to bump it to $12 after reading your post. My DOP IMMEDIATELY dropped 3m. So I quickly changed it to $9.50, my customers did not respond. So now I've got it back to $10 and am licking my wounds....I can't believe it....my miscellaneous dropped from 3.6m to 600k within one click of making that stupid change! ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!  8)

Could someone please fix this bug...i bet it's costing a lot of airlines thousands each day  :shock:
antonese Airlines
World 9 Airline ID: 13656

Vamerica

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Welcome Aboard Virgin America
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 07:37:38 am
Its not a bug. Its a thing AM has not got yet, when you change prices in the misc.(food drinks) it will always drop cause you have to edit each route for it to make money on that route. Say I changed breakfast from $5 to $8 I would need to go throw each route not modifying them but just edit it. This is how you make it make money.

cheers

SkinnyRabbit

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 02:53:02 pm
Very confusing but he is right.

Vamerica

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 09:16:35 pm
sorry, it was late here

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 01:48:06 am
no actually...

he's wrong. it appears it is a bug.

I'll look into it shortly. -jots down onto list, sad sad list.-
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Vamerica

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 01:54:21 am
Come on Will, I thought I was right :cry:  

lol

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 03:26:46 am
found it.

I think I fixed it properly (there was a minor update to the formula at some point that didn't translate to both halves properly).  I've corrected a relatively significant discrepency that I saw which should correct most if not all of the oddities in the drop/raise from editing in admin.php.

I'd make it a uniform function, but they run differently in the two diff't spots.  I might still do that to avoid this happening again, but that's for another day.

oh and Vamerica, think of it this way... "at some point, a while ago, you would have been right". so you almost were right, or anachronistically were correct.

Vamerica

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 03:39:36 am
ok, so I was right if this was a wile back, lol

well its good the bug is fixed

Fleur-de-Lis

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 04, 2008, 06:34:08 am
Still bugged in World 9.

I don't dare test it in World 3...
Asylum Freight

ID: 11045

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 08:05:04 pm
still bugged? hrm... the revenue drops? is it as bad as it was?  Looking at the formulas, I believe it should be fixed, though i suppose i might have missed something or misplaced a piece.  I'll have another look later tonight.

Fleur-de-Lis

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 09:14:28 pm
Yea, the revenue drops.
And when I tried to price as I had it before, the passengers did not respond in kind.
Same problem as before, in world 9 any ways.
After that "experiment" I really did not feel like trying it in World 3, where I have the second largest airline in all of the AM worlds - I'm sure you understand why.
Asylum Freight

ID: 11045

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 03:38:51 am
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
found it.

I think I fixed it properly (there was a minor update to the formula at some point that didn't translate to both halves properly).  I've corrected a relatively significant discrepency that I saw which should correct most if not all of the oddities in the drop/raise from editing in admin.php.

I'd make it a uniform function, but they run differently in the two diff't spots.  I might still do that to avoid this happening again, but that's for another day.

oh and Vamerica, think of it this way... "at some point, a while ago, you would have been right". so you almost were right, or anachronistically were correct.

So if this was a bug, which has been corrected, how about floating ol' Dooskie here a little bit of ching $$$$$ back to his account?  8)

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 13, 2008, 11:33:10 pm
Alright, I initially missed the modification to the Dinner prices (the rest I believe were fixed).  Now the Dinner prices are fixed.  I've compared the code directly against each other now, and they match up (as near as I can tell) entirely.

No refunds are to be made for the bug, as it's too nebulous to accurately refund.

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 11:49:16 pm
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
Alright, I initially missed the modification to the Dinner prices (the rest I believe were fixed).  Now the Dinner prices are fixed.  I've compared the code directly against each other now, and they match up (as near as I can tell) entirely.

No refunds are to be made for the bug, as it's too nebulous to accurately refund.

Well, never hurts to ask. Thank you for looking into it.  8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk