Airline Mogul Forum

Public World Generation Tweaks

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
on: July 14, 2008, 02:41:31 am
I've made a few small tweaks to the game's public game generator.  Included are as follows:

1. Small adjustment to map probabilities
2. I've dropped in logic which should (in theory) more evenly spread games out amongst three eras (1950-1969, 1970-1989, 1990-present). Amongst preliminary tests of the tweak, while the old set up had an unbalanced spread, the new formula had virtually a 1:1:1 spread between the three options. This does in no way garauntee any particular year will pop up. it's still random. just... a little less random, slightly.
3.  I've modified it also to start using some new maps.  Possibilities prior to this change were: full world, gate based worlds, continent based/grouped worlds, or individual countries.  Now there's 5 possible country grouped maps that might pop up.  the EU27, Former USSR, "Ring of Fire", Iberian Peninsula, and something to the effect of Colonizing the Americas.  Thanks to Rick for his help in coming up with these maps, likely soon a map generation forum will be set up and periodically the groupings possible in public world generation will be tweaked.

That is all.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 10:01:07 pm by StephenM »
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 02:51:09 am
Great Work, Will.

*Im gettin sick of 1970 ~ 1990 worlds*

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 03:05:39 am
Are you testing this out in Beta too? :o
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 04:28:28 am
Hmm, seems good to me so far, though I hope we get to play with a full world for future rounds without having to stick out paid tokens and not be restricted to a certain areas of the globe.

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 05:54:28 pm
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"

3.  I've modified it also to start using some new maps.  Possibilities prior to this change were: full world, gate based worlds, continent based/grouped worlds, or individual countries.  Now there's 5 possible country grouped maps that might pop up.  the EU27, Former USSR, "Ring of Fire", Iberian Peninsula, and something to the effect of Colonizing the Americas.  Thanks to Rick for his help in coming up with these maps, likely soon a map generation forum will be set up and periodically the groupings possible in public world generation will be tweaked.

If any of these scenarios pop-up, a link (or a hover-over) to a description to the game--i.e., what countries are included--would be great appreciated.

In fact, links and/or hover-overs describing the various options set for the world would be great--especially since there are about 4 (?) different Large World settings.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk