0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: May 06, 2007, 11:30:21 pm

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
on: April 29, 2007, 11:30:21 pm
What should the maximum number of users be based on, either the number of active ones (Inactive users are omitted from updates) or on the total number of users.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 11:56:41 pm
depends on the definition of inactive i suppose.  those users who are cleaned up and removed from the game, do they count towards "total users"? i'd hope not.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 12:13:21 am
Anyone who has an impact on the load factor (that is, with a route) should be included.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 12:28:36 am
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
depends on the definition of inactive i suppose.

14 days without logging in.

those users who are cleaned up and removed from the game, do they count towards "total users"?

No.

Anyone who has an impact on the load factor (that is, with a route) should be included.

Can you elaborate? I dont follow you.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 01:36:20 am
Quote from: "StephenM"

Basically, anyone that has a plane flying on a route has an impact on the load factor, and thus profitability of other players. At the same time, the world being saturated (that is profit on routes decrease because of too many flights being offered) is the main reason why one would need a max player limit.

Also, anyone that has a route would be included in the world updates, which is the other concern causing the limit. Only pure brokers would be the ones that are included in the world updates who don't have a flight, and there wouldn't be that many of them.

"Players with flight(s) / route(s)" seems to me as a good base for the max user limit. (You may define them as "active users", but as AEB has pointed out, your definitions weren't clear.)
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

JDubman

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 02:32:34 am
Quote from: "dktc"
Quote from: "StephenM"

Basically, anyone that has a plane flying on a route has an impact on the load factor, and thus profitability of other players. At the same time, the world being saturated (that is profit on routes decrease because of too many flights being offered) is the main reason why one would need a max player limit.

Also, anyone that has a route would be included in the world updates, which is the other concern causing the limit. Only pure brokers would be the ones that are included in the world updates who don't have a flight, and there wouldn't be that many of them.

"Players with flight(s) / route(s)" seems to me as a good base for the max user limit. (You may define them as "active users", but as AEB has pointed out, your definitions weren't clear.)

But a lot of players who have an impact on the LF are also inactive.  I know of at least two inactive airlines who have opened routes to compete with me.
llure Airways (ID 230) Fleet:
Boeing 737-400ER 44
Boeing 777-200ER 14

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk