Airline Mogul Forum

Aircraft Search Utility

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
on: June 30, 2008, 03:27:54 pm
The latest premium feature will be an Aircraft Search Utility, but to keep it fair, it will also be available for free.

Users who use the free version will have a similar interface to Gate Search, which includes the drop down menus. Users that go for the Premium version will instead have text boxes to write their own constraints into, and they also will have an option to search for leases, search for aircraft on sale, and finally see how many planes they can get for their budget.

The new idea to deliver premium features is to exchange a nominal number of Paid Tokens to get access for lets say 1 month. So regardless of what world you are in, you may use the feature for 30 days in real life. At which time it reverts back to the normal interface.

This is just the User Interface at concept stage. I'll be running it past our Graphics guys to make sure its ok and making tweaks in the future.

Any comments are welcome. Approximate cost for 1 month of Premium for this or Gate Search is ~ 5-10 Paid Tokens. It may be tweaked to be 3 months instead. Not sure yet!
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

SkinnyRabbit

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 03:30:12 pm
Good job Admin's keep up the good work.

Should this be in the game updates forum?

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 03:31:51 pm
Could you also make it so that it is 5-10 paid tokens, but as well, it can be 20-25 free tokens?

Just an idea. :)

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 03:33:46 pm
Where would this be located in the game?
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 03:37:31 pm
Quote from: "blue25"

My guess is it would be under the Aircraft toolbar, but i actually have no clue. :lol:

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 03:49:26 pm
Quote from: "SkinnyRabbit"
Good job Admin's keep up the good work.

Theres a whole pile of features that are Work in Progress, its just getting the final steps and features finished on them.

Quote from: "SkinnyRabbit"
Should this be in the game updates forum?

Not yet, its concept stage. I am putting together the interface people see, and Bálint is putting together the backend.

Quote from: "nwadeltaboy"
Could you also make it so that it is 5-10 paid tokens, but as well, it can be 20-25 free tokens?

I've discussed it with Will, we'll see how it goes in terms of timing of Private Worlds.

Quote from: "blue25"

In the aircraft menu most likely.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Tiger In Training

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 04:37:18 pm
Looking good.

Fox Airways

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 01:27:39 am
for the lazy of us who choose to be premium, a link to change between the two would be nice. Sometimes having a set range after a long day is easier to use than to have to enter in our own numbers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk