Airline Mogul Forum

is there any good routes from Avalon!?

AustraliaConnect

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: June 24, 2008, 09:22:45 am
:( Im screwed, i just payed 3 mil for a second base in Avalon, Australia and ive realized that the only flights I get profit are AVALON - SYD
AVALON - MEL
and AVALON -ADELAIDE.
Is there any way I can keep the base and find routes in 500nm...?
PLEASE HELP ME.
elcome to a new era - AustraliaConnect

Connecting Australians to the World!

MaitlandAir

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 09:36:11 am
No your screwed. And rightfully so. :P

Errm lets see.... without checking, I seem to recall that Avalon airport has less than 500,000 pax. There are people around on these forums who suggest not basing at an airport which has under 10 million pax.

I think you should just cut your losses and shut the base.

ericred

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 09:38:19 am
As far as I know, the answer is no.  Avalon only has 35k passengers, it wouldnt make a very profitable hub.  I could barely make much money even out of the Gold Coast, which serves 3mil passengers not to mention somewhere 1/100 of the size of it.
img]http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/670/auswingsxz1.jpg[/img]

Wizzie

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 09:38:50 am
Quote from: "MaitlandAir"
who suggest not basing at an airport which has under 10 million pax

So you're saying basing in Indianapolis is not good?
Also just kill the base. No point continuing to have it
MelAir (MLA)
ID: 11730
Flying you there in luxury
Official member of the unofficial "I need help" club

MaitlandAir

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 09:42:29 am
Quote from: "Wizzie"
who suggest not basing at an airport which has under 10 million pax

So you're saying basing in Indianapolis is not good?

Its not the best idea. As much as I can say. The only pro I can see for Indianapolis is the fact their are more airports around the area which are comparable to size with Sydney. You can make money their although only minimal compared to other airports. Also the advantage to basing at a larger airport with has around 30 million pax give or take a bit is the larger profit you should be able gain from flying to little towns such as Avalon. If you based somewhere like Avalon and flew to another airport with only 50,000 pax..... dont expect much of a profit.

Quote from: "Wizzie"
Also just kill the base. No point continuing to have it

Agreed!

Obmit

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 09:56:37 am
I'd get rid of it, as has been said before, ti only has 35000 pax. :(
Skywest PW1217

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 05:18:13 pm
No your screwed. And rightfully so. :P

Errm lets see.... without checking, I seem to recall that Avalon airport has less than 500,000 pax. There are people around on these forums who suggest not basing at an airport which has under 10 million pax.

I think you should just cut your losses and shut the base.

Wow, I don't know how tense things get now with multiworlds (remember, I just came back to playing), but I based all the time out of airports with less than 10 mil, and I found it very easy to be profitable (My frist base is just under 200K), though you will get a very small profit if you fly to towns the same size as your's. Really, when you get pax numbers lower than 150K in each airport, then that is when you should avoid basing there. When you get in the airports that typically are above 10 mil pax, things are known to get insanly tense rather quickly I have heard. I think the best range for an who is not all too well experianced with the game or want to avoid the tense situations in the world's LHRs and CDGs is between 180K to 8 million.

As suggested, just ditch the base, as it's far below what would make a reasonable profit (reasonable profit meaning to give you a positive amount in the Fiance for the end of the month, rather than a positive amount in the "Create route" screen.)

AustraliaConnect

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 10:36:26 pm
just to let everyone know, AustraliaConnect ditched the Hub, losing just over 3 mil. Sending AustraliaConnect to no 10 from No. 1
Over night, AustraliaConnect has moved to no.4 and will continue to go up.
elcome to a new era - AustraliaConnect

Connecting Australians to the World!

Vamerica

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Welcome Aboard Virgin America
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 10:46:57 pm
hen you made the base you were in 2nd then you went to 10th place after you payed and opened it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk