Airline Mogul Forum

Why brokerage system?

sayuri_lu

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: June 14, 2008, 07:00:34 pm
what is the diff. '/. brokerage and normal purchase?
which one is cheaper?
S&S Dreamliner - the first low-cost all-business class airline [W8]
Currently based in Macau, but interested in putting Seoul and Singapore as a focus city

MS&S, YOUR Dream

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 07:25:40 pm
With brokerage you don't have to pony up all the money up front, so you can leverage your airline.

It's sort of a loan (yeah, for those weekly threads asking for this  :roll: ). If a broker is lending you money, you're supposed to pay some sort of interest. So, brokering should be slightly more expensive than going straight to the manufacturer. However, at least with official brokers (and to a lesser extent with regular ones) it's possible to actually get a discount. In this scenario, brokering becomes less expensive.

sayuri_lu

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 05:33:50 pm
what is a Markup Percentage then, i am so sorry but i have to say that the manual is not clear enough.
Currently based in Macau, but interested in putting Seoul and Singapore as a focus city

MS&S, YOUR Dream

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 05:39:28 pm
It is the premium (or discount, if negative) you pay the broker. Say you're ordering a 10M plane and offer 5% markup. Instead of €10,000,000 you'll pay a total of €10,500,000 (30% or 35% upfront - I'm not sure of the percentage) and the rest when you take delivery of the plane.

This scenario would make sense to you, sice you get the plane sooner than if you had to wait until you had all the money to order it. It makes sense for the broker since he/she pays 10M for a plane and sells it for 10.5M, thus earnig €500,000.

sayuri_lu

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 02:53:08 pm
thx very much, but last few questions,
i receive this message:
Your request for 1 aircraft of type X has been fulfilled by X . It will be automatically listed to you upon delivery in 24 days. Once listed to you, you will have 3 months to pay the remaining balance and recieve your aircraft.

So, when will i get my plane
how much that i need to pay for the remaining in each month, can i choose the amount that i pay

MS&S, YOUR Dream

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 03:25:40 pm
24 hours (i.e., 24 game days) after the request was taken, the plane will be delivered to the broker. At that time, automatically, it will be offered for you to buy (look for it in the aircraft market, under incoming private offers). You have up to 3 (real time) days from then to buy the aircraft. When you do so, you pay (all at once) the remainder. It's not "each month" and you can't choose how much to pay.

If, after 3 days from delivery, you haven't bought the aircraft, the broker can remove the private offer. You would, of course, loose the 30%-35% already paid.

sayuri_lu

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 07:27:25 pm
thank you so much

MS&S, YOUR Dream

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk