Airline Mogul Forum

Route Frequency???

Zero-G · 10 · 2170

Zero-G

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: June 15, 2008, 05:48:17 pm
First off I'm new and strugling to figure out the basics like leasing, buying and ROUTES...

I've read alot of "DO NOT EXCEED N.5"  does this mean I'm not allowed to us a flight frequency of more then .5?  

if so WHY is there an option to fly the route more? how can I increase my plane utilization if I can only fly .5 per route?

IF NOT what is this n.5??

Thanks,
Zero-G :idea:

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 05:56:26 pm
its do not exceed more than 2 *.5 That means you can operate A to B with two routes, for example 1.5 and 2.5 frequency. But no more. But you can operate as many routes as you like with 1, 2, 3 etc frequency.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 05:58:32 pm
You got it slightly wrong. :wink:

First, in "n.5" n can be anything. 0.5, 1.5, 2.5, 3.5, and so on. Second, the rule states that between each pair of airports, you can have no more than two planes having frequencies ending in "n.5". You can have as many planes as you want on the same route but, at most, only two of them can be doing half-frequencies there. The rest would have to be doing whole numbers of frequencies.

Also, under most circumstances, a plane can do a total of two "n.5" frequencies. An half frequency is a trip that is flown one way on one day and the return on the next day.

Zero-G

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 06:06:50 pm
I guess for day one I'm in a question over my head... I didnt grasp either of those and I expect they were very clear.

Example: JFK to LGA
both very close, you could have a high frequency with lots of planes.  

the way I read your reply is that I can't have more then (two) flights ending in frequencys of .5
but I could fly that route as much as I wanted?

sorry I'm new but want to start it right... yet make money and not have the A/C sit.

Zero-G

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 06:10:14 pm
OOOO I looked at the creation of route and read your reply again and I GET IT THANKS.....
 :shock:

now any leasing tips for the NEW GUY? or should I buy little cheap planes to start

World 8

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 06:22:06 pm
OK, but remember that just because you can have high frequencies and/or lots of planes on the same route, it isn't necessarily a good idea.

Plenty of threads where you can read more about this, so I'll try to sum it very briefly: the higher the number os seats you offer on a route (either through multiple frequencies or with more than one plane), the lower the fare you can charge and still fill the plane. Most times it's far better to add a different route than to overdo a single one.

For instance, you may soon learn that at 0.5x frequency, you make more than half the money you'd be making at 1x frequency. So, if you can have that plane doing two routes with 0.5x instead of just one at 1x, you'll probably have higher profits. This, by the way, is the origin of the "no more than n.5 flights on each route."

As for leasing vs buying. Expensive planes may not be profitable to lease, but small and cheap planes normally are. Very much so, indeed. Since you've just started, you probably have very little money. If you wait until you have enough to buy another plane it may take days. Leasing a cheap plane is a great way to start growing with a very little investment. Sure, you'll pay the lease every month. But since you'll be taking in profits every day, as as long as the profits are enough to pay the lease, you'll get richer, faster. :D

Zero-G

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 06:34:27 pm
Thanks again!  

I only see a few planes for lease that are 200,000 month.  can I expect to be able to pay that and a gate, and A/C, fuel ect expenses and still make a profit?  I'm not really sure what a normal lease for a SMALL 19 seat plane is yet. I've learned alot in 6 hrs!

I think I might have even started earning a profit!?

Zero-G

Zero-G

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 07:24:19 pm
ONE LAST QUESTION FOR THE DAY

Can 1 plane fly multipe routes?
should I invest in another city and use the same plane to fly that route?

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 15, 2008, 07:30:30 pm
A plane can fly multiple routes, yes.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Fleur-de-Lis

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 09:55:33 pm
Quote from: "Zero-G"
Thanks again!  

I only see a few planes for lease that are 200,000 month.  can I expect to be able to pay that and a gate, and A/C, fuel ect expenses and still make a profit?  I'm not really sure what a normal lease for a SMALL 19 seat plane is yet.  ...

Zero-G

You only pay the amount of the lease itself, and fuel costs. All the rest of the expenses are paid by the owner.

Prices will vary. Depends on how people anticipate the current market - but most importantly how those that have no clue what to charge in order to cover their expense and make a profit.  Look for the lowest price over a given amount of time (months), as the best advice for now.

Don't lease anything that is advertised for 1 month only - these are newbie traps set by less than scrupulous people.
Asylum Freight

ID: 11045

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk