Airline Mogul Forum

International Flights

oblivion468

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: May 15, 2008, 12:17:06 am
Recently, real airlines have been expanding their international offerings because they bring in more profit than domestic routes. I was wondering why this game seems to give no benefits to international flights, even when they are on routes without competitors. I just created a route from san francisco to tokyo and face nearly no competition, but still only reach 100% of seats sold after reducing fares to around 300 dollars (I am flying a MD-11). Has anyone paid 300 for a flight to tokyo in real life?

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 12:22:02 am
AM cannot be directly linked with reality. AM's scripts are based on a virtual world and reflects reality in no way which is why you can get E300 flights. It may be changed in the future for these things not to happen, but other than that nothing we can do about it. as a matter of fact it has been discussed recently on the general chat

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 01:04:01 am
I currently have a fleet of Convair 990s and Tu 114Ds on my US-Europe flights, and they actually rank among the top profitable routes.  Especially MCO-LHR and FRA.  I have a small fleet of L-1011s coming in one game day, and I will put them on my top performing international flights from both Pittsburgh and Orlando.
teeler83
Founder and CEO of Buon Giorno! Airlines

AndyCAK

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 05:45:48 pm
While there may not be any competitors flying SFO-NRT there are PLENTY flying NRT-SFO.  They are identical routes and therefore draw from the same passenger pool...

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 05:58:02 pm
Quote from: "AndyCAK"
While there may not be any competitors flying SFO-NRT there are PLENTY flying NRT-SFO.  They are identical routes and therefore draw from the same passenger pool...

All flights between SFO-NRT (whether they start in SFO or NRT) are listed as competitors when creating a route.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk