Airline Mogul Forum

(W3) Plunging into Jets, recommended?

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: April 21, 2008, 10:42:52 pm
Quote from: "Steeler83"
Quote from: "yourefired"
Although since I'm bored of having to change prices all day, I might move on to brokering by the end of the game year (or quit altogether).

I frankly ignore fuel cost in my decision because they're negligible. Speed and range are the #1 factors.

Seems the A340-500/600 series fly at 548kts (according to airliners.net) vs. the 777's 490kts.

Are you an a.net member?

Well, no, but I can get all the info I need without being a member. The aircraft data section is public. :)

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: April 21, 2008, 11:06:18 pm
Quote from: "Steeler83"
Although since I'm bored of having to change prices all day, I might move on to brokering by the end of the game year (or quit altogether).

I frankly ignore fuel cost in my decision because they're negligible. Speed and range are the #1 factors.

Seems the A340-500/600 series fly at 548kts (according to airliners.net) vs. the 777's 490kts.

Are you an a.net member?

Well, no, but I can get all the info I need without being a member. The aircraft data section is public. :)

Yeah, I know that getting the info is public.  I was just wondering because almost everyone I know on here is a member of A.net, or at least they used to be members of this sim and airlineempires anyway.  I found out about these sims from fellow a.net members.  I found out about airline empires first, and another friend told me about this sim.

haha -- I even got mad the one round on airline empires.  I had my base at PHX and was trying to expand when Aer Solas came in and rand me out of town!  After that I went into BWI and tried something, but it just got too competitive.  Then someone told me that the CEO of Aer Solas launched another airline sim site and that it was supposed to be less competitive and more realistic (Thanks, StephenM!).  I can't believe I've been playing this for little more than a year!

I still learn as I go along.  Each era/round is different from the previous.  Airplanes and strategies are different...
teeler83
Founder and CEO of Buon Giorno! Airlines

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: April 21, 2008, 11:18:17 pm
Anyway yeah if I do start a private world, would you like to join? I'm just gathering up some people (or trying) that just want to have fun and play in a civil manner instead of steamrolling over everyone in sight (lol). STEAMROLLERS NOT WELCOME :roll: Mainly the people on this board that want to roleplay.

I'm hoping that with private worlds the few people that steamroll over everyone in sight will go off in their own little world and steamroll over each other and we'll be left in peace.

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk